Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Both our fires are lit too. I love the smell of woodsmoke -but it's a bit alarming to read about toxic particulates in the living area

Hopefully the time spent outdoors will compensate for it???
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Toxic Particulates?!!
      sigpic

Comment

• Good evening all.
        It was a lovely day here.
        When we saw the sunshine we decided to head out.
        We went to the Botanic Gardens and it's still a riot of colour.
        After that we drove out through the countryside.
        We both feel the better of our day out.
        Hope everyone else stays safe and well.
        Have a good evening.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening all, after a very wet start the day did improve and a bit of gardening actually took place, just light pruning of tall things like Roses that won't have food for the birds but I don't want the winter storms rocking them about too much, some got broken last winter, not completed as we still have some flowers and buds on some of them.

Comment

• Good Morning All Cold. Came home from work yesterday to find flowers and chocolate on the doorstep Have a good day
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• ^What a lovely thing to find, FF. Well deserved, no doubt.

Bright, blue and distinctly chilly here today. But still no frost despite weather forecasts. Temps due to drop a bit further over the next few days and then the forecast is that they will rise and we'll be possibly back into the low teens for overnight lows. Very strange!

Had some good news yesterday. A week or so ago, Mr Snoop read my slip from the machine at the bank wrongly and thought a transfer in was all I had left. I took him at his word but asked to have a look yesterday. Phew! Had a better night's sleep as a result...

So, on with the show. Massively busy today but the sunshine will improve my mood. Best hop to it. Hope you all have lovely days. Thinking of you, Nicos. Big hug from me.

Comment

• Morning all.
                Made another small dent in the allotment maintenance yesterday.Planted more Senshyu onion sets and stripped away the French beans. Steady away means I will get there in the end.

Made a corned beef pie,blackberry crumble and a cremated quiche which I forgot was in the oven. Still edible though and actually quite tasty..
                If it stays dry today I will try and get the lawn cut as its badly in need of it. The wild life area will get a 'trim' as well. Either once or twice a year cut on highest cut should suffice this area and encourage wildflowers hopefully.?
                I have been keeping my eye out for camping plates at charity shops for pie making but none up til now. The postage is prohibitive for shop bought plates.

Take care folks and speak to you later!
                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning, dark and dingy here, at least it's dry at the moment, no light for photography, so not too sure what we will do today, our grass could do with another cut too, might do that if it's dry enough, take care all and stay safe.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                    Just had a very heavy shower but looks like no rain expected for the rest of the day.
                    Been to Lidl and bought myself a slow cooker for €25 5 litre.
                    Not sure what's on the cards for the day so will play it by ear.
                    Thinking of your mam Nicos.
                    Take care all and have a good day.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon n'alln'all

Tis amazing what 24 hrs brings.
                      We now have running hot water, central heating, and had our flu jabs.

We have also heard that my mom is going to a rehab centre instead of home so they clearly consider she might bounce back to her semi indépendant lifestyle again .

I'm feeling a great weight has been lifted...
                      Thanks for all your kind messages - they are very much appreciated xx

General domestics for me today - lots to catch up with !

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
                        Toxic Particulates?!!
                        yup - been quite a bit about this over the past couple of years....

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2...ties-pollution

We still have 2 wood fires - one being a stove and ironically the French government were handing out grants when we bought them to encourage peeps to move away from oil based heating

Comment

• Afternoon was my shopping day today after that I made chutney while the laundry dried out on the line with the help of a bit of wind and sunshine.

Thats good news about your Mum Nicos

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Afternoon all, glad your Mums picked Nicos, hoping for a full recovery. No gardening done in the end, went to the chemist for our monthly visit to a shop(actuall I didn't go in SWMBO did the deed collecting our pills), eggs collected from the free range farm and been mucking about with my trail camera in the garden, we spotted 2 Gold Crests and I'm trying to get some images.

Comment

• Good evening have had a busy day today, removed three camelia a red oak and a flowering current I also removed some tomato plans from the greenhouse then got them all shredded, I also note some folks are having some bad weather yet here it has been reasonably good which is surprising as if there is rain going it's usually falling here however more important my tea is ready
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Eve in n'alln'all
                                Feeling very stuffed with our own roasted veg.
                                It still thrills me to see (and enjoy eating!) what those tiny seeds can produce by the end of the growing season!

We picked the last of our Conference pears today. Yummy!

Our weather here was also better than forecast rary....pity I spent it indoors being a Domestic Goddess
                                Still it's good to be able to cross off some chores from the 'Never ending list of Urgent Jobs'

its amazing to think that the clocks go back in just over a week!.. it'll be Xmas before we know it!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X