This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mornin n'alln'all

Good grief-I've just had my first full night's sleep for weeks!
    Must be the cooler nights

First weigh in later this morning -but I don't think I've done so well ...just easing into the diet..honest!

Autumn is indeed heading this way too -yesterday I was surprised at the number of trees already dropping their leaves ( maybe it's the post drought??)
    I was only thinking yesterday that it'll be September in just over 2weeks!
    But...we're still in August so I'm still feeling in 'holiday mood'
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Morning, after yesterday all day rain my water buts are full again plus like Mothahawk says the garden does look fresh its only spoilt by the brown grass but that will soon green up.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Morning, still much cooler out there and leaves are starting to look tired and turning away from the lush green colour, I do like the seasons though and the thornless blackberries are a bonus this year, looking like a very good crop, not checked the wild ones as we don't go out at weekends.

Comment

Good morning all.
          Dull and dreary here.
          Definite signs of autumn here.
          The leaves on the big chestnut tree behind our house has turned colour.
          We had rain overnight and more on the way.
          I think I will continue with the painting while it's cool.
          Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

The rain has stopped. Going to the allotment shortly. The remote for the HDD recorder is not working properly. Some of the most commonly used buttons don't want to behave. Just being googling a replacement. I can get one. Then I came across a site where a guy tells you how to dismantle and clean. Hmmm! "You can do that", says my hubby who has neither the eyesight or agile fingers to try but lots of confidence in me. "What is the worst that can happen, you stripped and mended the laptop" . I also have memories of a hairdryer though from my youth and miles and miles of wire. Yes at some point today I'll have a go at it.

Comment

Wow!! It worked.Responsive handset now. Off to allotment.

Comment

^Good stuff, greenishfing. Always satisfying, fixing something.

Afternoon, all.

Kind of wasted the morning, but never mind. Mr Snoop's computer isn't working and he keeps wanting to use mine, so while he was tootling round the worldwide web, I had a mid-morning lie-down that turned into a proper sleep. Then a cup of tea and cheese on toast for lunch in the garage with Mr Snoop, watching the chickens pootle about in there afterwards while he fixed up an old table. This isn't the life either of us expected to have, but it is very satisfying. Oh, I've also ordered a savarin mould. I have absolutely no need of one, but it's a kind of promise that we will have friends visiting at some point in the future. That and it was on special offer...

Better get a move on. I do actually have work to do and I just keep ignoring it.

Have a lovely afternoon, everyone.

Comment

Good evening it has been a wet cool day today, but dry just now though starting to turn cold, but on just now to let you know I will be going off line, I feel that I am spending too much time on the computer and have decided to get back to living without them for a time, so to those I have had banter with, I thank you and wish you well with everything you do, and wish everyone enjoyable gardening. I might be back later but for now keep safe, keep happy
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Rary, sorry to see you go.
                    I wish you well also.
                    Take care and stay safe.
                    Perhaps you will pop in now and then to let us know all is well.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Aww, that's a shame rary -but I understand. You will definitely be missed young man.

(Can you allow yourself once a week online and pop in here if you have time?)

Thanks for your banter -hope to see you again soon xx

Comment

Really sorry to hear of your decision, Rary. Hope you come back soon. Will really miss you.

Comment

Good Morning All Sorry you're going rary Dark but warm and not raining yet. Have a good day All
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Mornin n'alln'all
                            Woken by the local tomcat serenading Hibou

Not quite sure what today will bring but we need to crack on with building work again as its finally cooled down!
                            I did some veggie weeding yesterday so if the showers hold off long enough I'll try and do a bit more.
                            Funny how quickly they come back after just a teeny splash of the wet stuff.
                            Enjoy your day peeps ...kettles on!

Comment

I feel like a new woman. First really good night's sleep in what seems like weeks. It is raining again. Enough really is enough. Hopefully it will fine up this afternoon.

Comment

Morning more rain here so i'll be potting on lettuce in the GH today but that will be about it for gardening.

Take care Rary xx you'll be welcomed back when you decide its time
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X