Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subscribing to a thread

Hi all (long time no post!)

I can't find the subscribe button on the posts any more. Is it me or has it gone? (probably me )
    I have searched the forum for the answer to this but the search doesn't seem to find anything I'm trying to find either.
    Grapevine Facebook Group

My Blog

Lovely to see you back!

I've never used subscribe but you can get notifications on threads you have posted in .

click on your name (top right of page)
    click on 'user settings'
    click on 'notifications'

Then select what options you want.

Not sure if is the same -or similar?
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

^Nicos, there used to be a thread tools tool and it was really very useful. With the notifications in this new design, you get notifications for every thread you create or post in. Before, you could subscribe to individual threads. The previous situation was better because you didn't get inundated with emails for every thread, just the ones you definitely wanted to keep tabs on. The threads tool tab was displayed on each individual thread, you didn't have to go through a lot of steps to find it.

The current state of affairs is exacerbated by the fact that the latest topics tab doesn't give you threads that you've recently posted in. You have to go to your avatar top right, pick your latest posts, then set the filter to relevance before you can get your latest posts. There are too many steps, to be honest, and it's not at all obvious.

Comment

I've just highlighted the request to Admin but they seem to be working on other things at the moment... Do let me know if they manage to do something about it!

Comment

Thanks for your replies (and the welcome back Nicos! - I have always visited a lot but I rarely post ) I used to use the subscribe button for posts that I wanted to keep for information or ideas as I didn't necessarily need to post a reply in it nor get notifications. I still have a subscription section on my message centre that shows the posts I've subscribed to so I assume the option to enable it is buried somewhere. It would be useful to have it back if we could. Thank you for requesting it.
          Grapevine Facebook Group

My Blog

Comment

You are more than welcome
            Happy to help.

Love your blog by the way!
            Last edited by Nicos; 29-06-2020, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Thanks! I'd completely forgotten about it. I've just had a look at it; there are only 2 posts I keep meaning to keep a record of what I'm doing and I even started a notebook but it ends up being covered in mud I'd find it so much easier if I remembered what I did or didn't do last year!
              Grapevine Facebook Group

My Blog

Comment

I can see back to 2007 in your blog!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...