Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicos
    replied
    Another alternative is maybe to get something like this?....

https://stop-mouse.co.uk/?gclid=EAIa...SAAEgIFrPD_BwE

We have a very old one we plug in for the cellar - that link shows that battery ones are clearly available!

might be cheaper than keeping on calling out pest control?

As I mentioned early -it would at least make your garden/Shed area less attractive than that of your neighbour's????

Leave a comment:

• mothhawk
    replied
    If your shed has a floor, then raising it up on corner pillars to about a foot or eighteen inches would leave the underneath too exposed for rats to feel comfortable, and allow access to any neighbourhood cats to prowl and lie in wait.

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    No sightings yesterday so hope they're gone.

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    He's coming back tomorrow so we'll see!

Leave a comment:

• Jungle Jane
    replied
    It could be that the bigger ones are dead in the nest & smaller ones have come out to search for food/the bait,they could be gone in a couple more days hopefully. Did the rat man say if he’d come back again or would the bait take seven days to clear them all out or something?

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Darn!
    young ones aren't generally as streetwise ...might be worth putting down some snap traps? (Wear gloves so they can't smell where you have touched them ) you'd need to make sure a hedgehog/cat couldn't get too close though....

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Oh no! More and I'm sure they're smaller ones, bad news

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    I suppose it's basically down to making your garden less attractive than your neighbour's

Fingers crossed indeed.

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    I really hope so Nicos. Gardener strimmed around the shed and the Ratman put some blocks of bait underneath and so far haven't seen any activity. Fingers crossed.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    That's frustrating Flo.
    Maybe the disturbance disturbed them???

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    None of the bait/poison has been touched, but it's still cost us the full payment and the boxes have been taken away! We'll continue to watch and get the Council pest control in, who are considerably cheaper!

Leave a comment:

• burnie
    replied
    I displace anything that has entered my garden and causes damage to either property or crops, I use live caught traps as a first resort and place rats out side of the village in a place where there is food and shelter. Rats don't like disturbance and if you remove sources of food like a bird feeder in the summer, then Rats will often move on. Problem unique to Rats is Weils disease, so sorry, but I don't tolerate them if I see one that is persistent, then it is removed. I co-exist with a lot of wildlife and in the winter when food is scarce I do feed the birds and Rats do take some of it, I do not use traps in winter, in summer I let the birds forage for caterpillars and the like in the garden and stop feeding them until Autumn.

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark Rand View Post
    Question. Would you be taking such action against red squirrels, hedgehogs or voles?
    No I wouldn't

Leave a comment:

• Mark Rand
    replied
    Question. Would you be taking such action against red squirrels, hedgehogs or voles?

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    I'm sure you're right Nicos, common sense really

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X