What browsers are best with new site?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What browsers are best with new site?

I've been struggling for a bit with Chrome - they've stopped the video autoplay block and we have a limited monthly data allowance and every month we struggle at the end. So, I'm thinking of moving over to Edge, which still allows autoplay blocking.

Edge doesn't seem to have much of a market share, so I'm wondering if it will be a problem with the new site. If so, can mods/admin/members recommend any other browser? In case it's relevant info, my computer is Windows 10, Mr Snoop's is still Windows 8 (and not likely to change either).

Thanks.

Snoop I stopped using Chrome a while ago it seemed to be slow on most sites especially YouTube I now use Opera on my win 10 PC plus it was easy enough to bring over my Chrome bookmarks.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Thanks, Bren. I have to say that's a new one to me. Will take a look.

Comment

I've used Firefox for a long time now - can't compare it with another browser though, as it's the only one I use.

Comment

I used Firefox years ago. Can't remember now why I stopped, possibly when I started to use Gmail and Firefox was really slow at handling it so I swapped over to Chrome. Currently experimenting with Edge. Some oddities, but I think that's more an issue of me being familiar with Chrome. So far so good, and love the media autoplay off feature.

I had a look at Opera, Bren. But inertia got the better of me. I've already got Edge installed, just never used it. To save our data allowance, I'm trying Edge first.

Comment

I use Edge, I do have Chrome available, but don't seem to use it much

Comment

I use Chrome and dont seem to have any problem with it.
              as for the ads, the banner just comes up at the bottom of the page.
              I use a Samsung tablet.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...