Neither fruit nor veg.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neither fruit nor veg.

I was busy smoking pork shoulders Sunday for Monday's lunch. (No, those black blobs aren't meteorites! )

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	360.9 KB ID:	2496917Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	350.8 KB ID:	2496918Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	570.8 KB ID:	2496919Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	439.8 KB ID:	2496920Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	386.7 KB ID:	2496921
    Last edited by DWSmith; 26-05-2020, 03:33 PM.
    Nutter's Club member.

I've eaten smoked bacon, but a joint of shoulder like that.

Comment

We make pulled pork from the smoked shoulder meat. Take the meat, shred it up, add your favorite barbecue sauce, and make a sandwich or two for each person. The black outer portion is referred to as 'bark'. The dry rub and pork juices combine during the cooking and blacken like that. It's a very desirable part and you break up those tasty black bits when you pull the pork.
      Last edited by DWSmith; 26-05-2020, 04:02 PM.
      Nutter's Club member.

Comment

That looks absolutely delish!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Thanks Nicos! Something from the grill is typical for the holiday and helps signify the traditional start of summer.
          Nutter's Club member.

Comment

You are welcome!... it's still making me want to drool!

The traditional start of summer here in France is sitting outdoors in the sunshine drinking chilled rose wine.
            I always considered it more of a lass' drink but you see plenty of well muscled workmen and farm labourers sipping gently at their first glass of rose wine
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Yum scrum, DW. Looks fantastic.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X