X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning another hot day here GH overnight temp was 17.8c so the hottest yet this year, watered containers/pots earlier before the sun hit the garden It looks like we've got a kitchen slug theres a few trails around the washing machine

Enjoy your day

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    Thanks Snoop if it's workplace and parties that's bad I should be OK as I don't work and OH won't let me party I actually feel fine now as we had the youngest 2 boys down and they take your mind of things, what's more annoying is it was my turn to be boss of the house, OH was out with our daughter at the time and anyway its raining heavy here now so wouldn't have been going out anyway ​​​​​ though it makes my stomach turn when I think on it, but we've had a hot shower and things feel much better

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    That sounds awful, Rary. If you're worried about Covid, workplaces and parties are the worst places for spreading the disease. Get yourself to hospital early if you suspect it might be necessary, don't wait. Your finger sounds bad enough to warrant attention on its own, let alone your knee.

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    Not allowed to do much today as I have been band from working in the garden, I had been out emptying the rubbish and recycling bin that we have in the kitchen and coming back in my slipper caught under the slab on the bottom step and down I went have a very badly bruised arm and knee and also a finger that has been cut to the bone with me putting my hand out to protect my face my hand then slid down the roughcast cutting my quite badly though my main concern is my knee as I don't want to land in hospital to get it sorted, will see how it goes once the swelling goes down, well enjoy your day keep safe and smile even with a mask your eyes will pass it on

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Afternoon we’ve also had a couple of quick rain showers no thunder though the rain only lasted 5 mins at the most and dried as soon as it hit the ground.

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    gf....Rain?...rain?????...stop showing off

you couldnt possibly send an hour or so's worth this way could you????
    It only lasted 15 minutes or so and it didn't clear the air at all. 29°C and muggy now.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    gf....Rain?...rain?????...stop showing off

you couldnt possibly send an hour or so's worth this way could you????

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Thanks, Nicos. Oddly, even though there are recipes for Ajo Blanco that include it, I've never seen it locally, and there are only two products on Amazon.es, both surprisingly expensive once you factor in delivery. I'll keep an eye out for it.

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    I went down to the allotment. It was 27°C according to my phone which also said 3% chance of rain. Just as we got there there was a crash of thunder and the heavens opened. It didn't last long but it was really heavy. A neighbour gave me a lovely looking cauliflower and I picked some strawberries. I have come home into the shade now. I might brave the supermarket later.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    This recipe uses 20%

https://hodmedods.co.uk/blogs/recipe...ava-bean-flour
    Last edited by Nicos; 07-08-2020, 10:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

Oh, Nicos, tell us more about this broad bean flour.
    Sorry! -I missed this post!

I've just had a look at the packet of flour but it doesn't say the % ...so I did a bit of a goooogle and found this!.....

https://www.cooksinfo.com/broad-bean-flour

I had no idea!... looks like it's pretty common over here.
    We've always wondered why we couldn't bake baguettes in the same way and put it down to probably being a different type of wheat...but there ya go!
    Learn something new every day eh?
    2% (if that's what's in the flour we use-could be more Maybe???) isn't much but it certainly changes the flavour/texture/crispiness of the crust.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Morning n'alln'all
    Wow that was a really interesting memory rary -thanks for sharing.

And Lottie!!!!!.... good on ya lass!!!...go for it!
    Something very exciting for you both to look forward to -I'm really chuffed you've had such a lightbulb moment Sounds like you're making the best out of a very difficult situation there. Hats off to you

Me?... well, it's going to be a quiet day - I think some gentle pottering around indoors will be good as it's supposed to reach 40°C today.
    I do have some seedheads I've cut off and need the seeds removing so I'll do that for sure.
    OH went out for a cycle ride at 8am and it was already in the low 20s.

Take care peeps if you are getting high temps. I'm going to leave a dish of water out at the bottom of the garden for the wildlife
    ...and another for the birds.

Anyone got anything planned for the weekend?

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good morning all.
    A dull start to the day.
    Nothing planned so we will take the day as it comes.
    Take care all.

Leave a comment:

• lottie dolly
    replied
    Good morning,was up early WOW,i have made a major decition,got solicitor coming next week,am sick of fighting one thing or another,i just have to get away,am looking at properites near the eldest son and family,my own sanity HAS to come to the forefront,am nearly 77 and is time i had something better than what i have with the ofspring around,by moving,we will still have our independance/space ext,with help on hand when needed,it all depends on MR,i know it will be hard to start with organizing it all,but it just feels right,when my instincts kick in,they are usually founded,am so unsettled,am tredding water for now,things will pop into place if meant to be and ready,have now put the violin back in it's case,it is very warm here,must go and find motivation and it's family,have a good day and stay safe

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Morning, all.

That was a story and a half, Rary. Thanks for recounting it.

Tucked myself away in the cool with just the aged dog for company. Got a bit of work to do but not a massive amount. Afternoon nap on the cards again. Perfect.

Have a good day, everyone. Catch you later.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X