X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lottie dolly
    replied
    Evening,we have melted,thanks JanieB,i know things will be all well,we have to keep the faith ,so sad for your friend,condolances to all,ref gardening,that's been me,and could be next also,sometimes,we just have to let things go,and just breath,before we can come up for air again no need to be embarrassed at all lass,
    That sounds brill Nicos,think i would eat it till i was ,it is cruel to let it sit there just gawping at you teasing,every time the fridge door was open,hey could you not cut it into reasonable portions and freeze,
    Snoop am sure the did not alter the taste hehehehe,after all that IS what counts,when tis for ourselves

Leave a comment:

• JanieB
    replied
    I’m in my lounge with all the doors open. It has very thick walls and is the other side of the house from the sun and I am melting!

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicos View Post

welll.....guess what I made?
    Yup -my first ever roulade!

Thing is.....
    I had 6 egg yolks to use up rather than 4 so I upped the other ingredients by 50% too

And now have a roulade for 12 people!!!

it did roll pretty well, but still takes up most of the shelf in the fridge

Good job I'm not dieting at the moment
    Will it last 2days...3 at a push?????
    Te hé.....I guess breakfast is sorted here too
    No idea how long it will last in the fridge. The one I made was gone in next to no time. I didn't have much success with rolling it. Just kind of flipped the top over. Still looked the part. Sounds like you need to get eating it just to free up fridge space. I keep thinking that if I could find a smaller roulade tin, I could make one for just the two of us...

Leave a comment:

• JanieB
    replied
    Nightmare LD. A friend of mines husband died yesterday and she’d been dealing with this and children for several years. I can’t tell her or you that it will be OK. But, actually, it will.

Right, back to why I’m posting. I was going to post on the “Under cover” threads but am too embarrassed. I put my poly tunnel up in April. I then lost most of my get up and go. My kitchen looks like a greenhouse. I’ve lost a lot of plants that germinated perfectly because I didn’t move them on. My resolve seems to have reappeared but it got too flipping hot.

My PT is in old money 6’6” x 10’6”. I’ve put in grow bag trays and grow bags (this is grow bags not grobags). I can’t grow anything directly from the soil as there are too many tree roots, which is why it is where it is. The trays are about a foot wide and I’ve arranged them around the outside with a potting bench. This actually leaves an approx wasted area of 4’ x 8’. I’m trying to think of how to utilise the space as I only need about 18” to walk down. I have a major problem with slugs and snails and every container has copper tape

Just waiting until the day cools down.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
    Morning all.

You could try lemon meringue roulade, Nicos. Surprisingly easy, especially now you've got the lemon curd made for the creamy filling. It's on my list of things to make again when (if) we ever get enough visitors.
    welll.....guess what I made?
    Yup -my first ever roulade!

Thing is.....
    I had 6 egg yolks to use up rather than 4 so I upped the other ingredients by 50% too

And now have a roulade for 12 people!!!

it did roll pretty well, but still takes up most of the shelf in the fridge

Good job I'm not dieting at the moment
    Will it last 2days...3 at a push?????
    Te hé.....I guess breakfast is sorted here too

Leave a comment:

• lottie dolly
    replied
    Afternoon all,to hot to go out,RARY you copy cat,trips come unawares,it's also the shock your general system gets,look after yourself,i was recomended voltarol on none cut areas,and paracetamol,it did help,it will take a few weeks,mine are still not right,but can get around.
    I currently feel a lot more positive since my decision,BUT it is tread very carefully for now, in all directions ,i have plans on paper,and had lots of chats with some family,it will be hard work,but i have been strong thus far,so get legal matters done,with help spruce up the intrior,then some family will come over,and we all chat to MR,and hope he will agree,if not ,the ofspring will have a date,how i feel with the current support just proves i really need to do it,MR is aware i have not been good,last thing i want is,for him to thing it's because of him,it is NOT,i now realize i have to come in somewhere for the better,am determined he is NOT going into a home,unless no other option,thanks for listening again,have a good day,stay safe,and Bggod2yourself
    Last edited by lottie dolly; 08-08-2020, 12:52 PM. Reason: put a rong worn in

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    Good day, dry but cool here overnight temperature in the greenhouse was 8c and looking round the garden it looks as if several plants have been hit by the cold nights we have had recently, thankfully when I got up this morning my leg was fine my big worry was that I would need to get the knee replaced as the life expectancy of replacements is abou 15 years and I have had mine 12 years my finger and upper arm were stounnin (paine pulsing through them) overnight and a new experience to me awake several times thinking how close I was to a very serio us accident and after the sympathy from OH came the telling off for going out with slippers, so it's back to stoken soles or bare feet for me

Leave a comment:

• Jay22
    replied
    Morning, beautiful here but not very warm...18 degrees.
    rary, hope you are ok after your fall, it can happen so easily! Don’t worry if you have to go to A&E to have yourself checked out, the hospitals are very well prepared, just remember your mask and hand sanitiser. When I’ve been to hospital I also change and wash whatever clothes I’ve been wearing right away. I’ve had no worries on my recent visits.
    Don't think I’m doing much today...just a potter around the garden and maybe a walk later.
    Nicos, Hibou had the right idea, glad she was ok though!!
    Wishing you all a lovely day. x

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good morning all from a warm and sunny Dublin.
    Off out to play pitch and putt today.
    BBQ tonight for my son in laws 50th birthday so something to look forward to.

Sorry to hear about your fall Rary.
    Take it easy today.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Morning all.

Glad to hear you're feeling better, Rary. Knee injuries can be sickening when they happen. Last one I had (dog on a chain ran out ahead of me unexpectedly and I went flying over his chain and landed on rock) took months to heal and I still get clicking from time to time.

23 ºC, Nicos. Count yourselves lucky. It was 28 ºC here last night. I was up till gone 4 am, watching an Inspector Montalbano. Ridiculous heat. It's going to keep this up for a few more days then start to drop back to normal for this time of year. We've never had such a hot night here before. Goodness only knows what the visitor up the valley is going to do with her two sons.

You could try lemon meringue roulade, Nicos. Surprisingly easy, especially now you've got the lemon curd made for the creamy filling. It's on my list of things to make again when (if) we ever get enough visitors.

So, I'm down in the basement again. No surprises there. Two dogs today. No cat. She's on the bed still. Stretched out now there's no-one else in it. The fearsome tom is out somewhere, but just the thought of him is enough to stop the third dog from coming in. At this time of year, the tom weighs less than four kilos, the dog weighs over forty, but is still scared of him. Wisely.

Right, that's enough gabbing. Hope you all have lovely days. Don't overdo it in the heat.

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Good Morning All Hot here too. Hope you're ok rary. Have a good day All

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Unbelievably my husband woke me up in the middle of the night to tell me, " You must be cold", because I had thrown the quilt off in my sleep.
    COLD!!!! I'm afraid I did snarl at him.
    It's hot here now. I'm off to the allotment shortly.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Like your style Snadge!...just hope your OH hasn't got other ideas for it!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Snadger
    replied
    Morning all.

Enjoyable days fishing yesterday with eldest Son. Couple of decent trout caught by each of us which kept the interest going.
    Plan to progress with laying some off-road parking today. Luckily OH hasn't twigged this is for a classic car or tractor project yet to be purchased.

Take care folks.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n'alln'all
    Yikes rary!... hope you are ok today?
    Sounds an unpleasant type of fall/trip . Not that any fall/trip is 'good' Easily done though.

We've had a stupidly hot night even with the fan going .( 23°C Bren!!!)
    But at least we had the excitement of seeing and hearing thunder and lightning both in the late hours and not long ago.

We were concerned for Hibou yesterday as we couldn't find her ...and yes, of course she turned up...OH spotted her coming out of, and having one of those luxurious stretches, from a large plant pot ! It's turned on it's side and in the shade all day. Interesting choice eh?

Not sure what today will bring -I made some lemon and orange curd yesterday. Couldn't believe how easy it was!
    Previously I've added things in order...this time I just bunged everything in and stirred for 10 mins -so much easier and with perfect results!
    Might make a pavlova with the egg whites....Anyone fancy a slice?...pavlova with peaches and cream? Mmmmm!
    Last edited by Nicos; 08-08-2020, 06:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X