X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mothhawk
    replied
    Afternoon all.

Too hot to do anything so I'll come back later when it cools down.

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    Good afternoon warm and sunny today, just as expected, the kids are back in school now so the weather has picked just going to pressure wash a couple of gates and Snoop unlike Nicos I don't have a problem with my waistline

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    I've just cooked down almost 3kg windfall stewed apples from last night's storm . One small tree, but it's about 1/4 of its crop
    I did check on the blackberries but they are desiccated.

Too hot/humid to collect the rest of the windfalls from the other trees just now . The kitchen is deffo not the place to be at the moment!
    Last edited by Nicos; 12-08-2020, 12:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• peanut
    replied
    Afternoon everybody,

Started early today to avoid the heat. Picked lots of plums and blackberries, which I seem to have been casually grazing on throughout the morning till now. I think I am starting to ferment...

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Wasps?... ouch!

Have a look at this site-it's brill for showing lightning flashes and the roll of thunder...plus showing older ones so you get an idea of the route....

https://www.lightningmaps.org/?lang=en

you can zoom right in too.

We followed it yesterday to see if and when we needed to unplug the router.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Afternoon all. Good luck with legal person, LD.

Busy morning so far. Temporary roof repairs, mostly done by Mr Snoop. My job was to hold the ladder, pass up bits and pieces as required and get stung by wasps. Ow! Big storm due this afternoon - sounds like lots of you have already had yours - so thought we'd better get it done sharpish.

Time for lunch already! I can't believe it.

Leave a comment:

• lottie dolly
    replied
    Good day all,so muggy still,son said we had a drop of rain early on,we were asleep hehehe,i wish we could have some storms to clear the air,last night was so oppressive,but skinny sleeping with the cold bottle did wonders,all am drinking is tap water,going to see if i can get a few winks in before the legal person arrives later on,have a good day and stay safe out the sun ext,ext ext
    Last edited by lottie dolly; 12-08-2020, 11:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• burnie
    replied
    Morning, what a storm we had, woke at 5.30 it was hammering down complete with thunder and lightening, I then realised I hadn't put the bin out, so dressed......................out..................soaked....................and back in again and in bed lol.

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good morning all.
    We have the sun back again so it will be too hot to work in the conservatory
    A few hours in the garden instead.
    Have a good day all.

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Common field cricket or Snowy tree cricket Bren? Toby? Good Morning All Hot and sunny here. Apparently there's been a storm early hours but we didn't hear it! Have a good day All

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    Shortie-it looks like a type of cricket to me (long antennae and stumpy body) not sure though.
    It looks comfy sat on your thumb whatever it was.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n'alln'all

To finally be able to celebrate our recent rainfall and drop in temperature I'm leaving breakfast trays outside your rooms. ...enjoy

Shortie-it looks like a type of cricket to me (long antennae and stumpy body) not sure though.

So much for my plans to sit out and watch the meteor shower....we've had cloud, rain and or thunder and lightning ever since yesterday evening.
    Cant complain cos the garden has been utterly desperate for rain. Funnily enough the brown crispy lawn is glowing orange in the morning light... -looks lovely!

No plans for today as yet -more dieting though

See ya later!

Leave a comment:

• Shortie
    replied
    Sitting in the garden at dusk and felt something on my neck. Went to brush it off assuming it was a mossie and I feel a 'ping'

Not sure I was expecting to find this boing-y thing jump onto my thumb.

Or stay here for what has now been 5 minutes

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200811_210955.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	244.6 KB
ID:	2506535

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good evening all.The temp never got above 18 degs here today.
    Not a sign of the sun, just dull and misty.
    Another day spent painting, tired but very happy with the result.
    Stay safe all and have a good evening.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Oh yum snoop!
    I’ve bookmarked it for another time - thankyou!

we’re in the middle of a thunderstorm so I'm going to have to turn the router off...the drop in temp and rainfall is much needed!

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X