X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rary
    replied
    Good afternoon a right miserable day today, heavy rain upto two o clock, its stopped for now but I think there will be more shortly, even have the heating on, so no gardening now not sure whither to go and annoy OH or read a book, catch you later

​​​​​​.
    ​​​​​​.

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
    . Me, I get to read about contemporary artists and to try to work out what French philosophers mean.
    Snoop surely it's not that difficult to work that out, it people who come from France and think they are philosophers

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Did some necessary jobs this morning and was just going to hang out some washing before going to the allotment when it started to rain. If it's still raining in half an hour I'll have a change of plans and do my supermarket shopping instead.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
    Snoop how does 'free' internet work its not something I've come across, I'm just being nosy really.
    It's a bit like data packages on mobile phones. As we live out in the sticks (or the fifth pine, as the locals put it), we have to get our internet and VoIP phone service via satellite. We have 25 GB package to cover both every month, but anything we use between 1 and 6 am doesn't count. So if we've got data-hungry things we want to do online, such as watch a film or listen to music, we try to do it between that time. That's what I mean by free.

Ordinarily, 25 GB ought to be enough, but in lockdown Mr Snoop has been using the internet an awful lot more and I've had masses of research to do and I've been making lots of calls via Messenger and Skype to my mum and brothers. So every month recently, it's a bit like the end of the month when you haven't got enough money: we scrimp and scrape to get by till 'payday', the day our new data allowance starts. It would be possible to just go for the next package up, but I'm putting it off till I'm sure it's absolutely necessary. The cheapest solution would be to boot Mr Snoop off his computer, but I think World War III and IV might break out simultaneously if I were to suggest that!

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good morning all.
    just had a shower but its stopped now
    Dull and breezy.
    No plans for the day.
    Catch you all later.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bones
    replied
    Morning All
    Spitting and spotting here. Currently sat outside Lidl while Mrs B gets provisions, I'll be glad when things get back to being more normal.

Catch you later

Leave a comment:

• burnie
    replied
    Morning, proper contrast up here, coming down in stair rods and I've got the lights on in the house, supposed to be having a picnic in our daughters garden, so looks like that will have to wait for another day.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n'alln'all
    Looks like we have another loverly sunny day ahead -not too hot so that'll be good for a bit more gardening.
    I'm torn between indoor stuff and outdoor stuff!
    Time for a quick cuppa then I too best crack on.

See ya later peeps....enjoy your day!

Leave a comment:

• mothhawk
    replied
    Morning. there was a light sprinkling of rain here early (pre 6am) but now it looks set to be warm and dry. Going to check out the wild blackberries in a bit. They should be getting ready to pick now. I usually get a few pounds off the hedgerows in July. looks like the wild damsons (or bullace, I'm never really sure) will have a lot of fruit this year too.
    Have a good day all.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning day started out sunny but its rained of and on since 7.30 not enough to want to stay indoors though its barely wetting the ground.

Snoop how does 'free' internet work its not something I've come across, I'm just being nosy really.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Morning, FF. Morning, all.

Hot and cloudy today. Not my favourite weather combination.

Up very late last night, baking bread and trying to get some research done while internet is 'free', meaning that whatever we do doesn't count as part of our data allowance. Mr Snoop likes to watch music videos and listen to online lectures and comedians. Me, I get to read about contemporary artists and to try to work out what French philosophers mean. Very much looking forward to being retired!

Anyway, early start to get water up from the well for the builders, who are busy at work. Which I ought to be as well, so catch you later. Have a good one meanwhile.

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Good Morning All Looking like rain here but it's warm. Have a good day

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    Good afternoon, grandson is fine not sure whither the hook was cut out or twisted out though he did get a tetanus jag he is now at Culzen Castle with the rest of his family, Snoop your overnight temperature is warmer than yesterday's day temperature here, but it is dry today and though heavy cloud really nice when the sun comes out, I have refilled my comfrey press and now going to sort a mesh guard which I place at the greenhouse door to stop anything getting in more than anything it's to keep the birds out, though they don't seem to do any damage I don't want them hurting themselves, right time to move if I sit much longer I will get as bad as some of you women

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good morning all.
    A dull start but its warm at 16 degs.
    We have decided to have a day out but dont know where we will go just yet.

Snoop, great to hear the building work is going so well.
    Would love to see a pic or two.

Rary, hope grandson is not too sore after the hook incident.

Nicos, I count think you're meant to see that comet.

Have a good day all and stay safe.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n'alln'all

ouchy ouch...that had my eyes watering rary...hope he's OK today?

Well, I had an 'interesting' start to the day.
    Hibou woke me up at 4.15 .fr time and I looked out of the window and could see stars!
    had a good look around and could see Venus, Uranus, Mars, Neptune , Saturn and Jupiter (I think!) all in the sky at the same time, plus the Great Plough.
    Couldn't see the comet but read it should appear for 80 mins after 4.30 my time....so gave it half an hour then looked again....
    MIST !!!!... where did that suddenly appear from?

I was all mentally ready to put on my coat and shoes and check it out in the garden for a better view too. Typical eh?
    Maybe tonight ?...ha!

It was nippy too here last night. 9C -it's no wonder my melons aren't growing.

We had a couple of friends over for an hour yesterday evening for drinkies in the garden. It was a lovely change and even though we all wore masks, it was so lovely to see them. Felt like touching base with normality after such a long time

Hope your guys crack on with the building work this week Snoop-it'll be fantastic to have the house and gardens back to yourselves again!
    Might there be some before and after piccies to share with us at some point??? ( yup-dead nosy)

Sunny and windy and warm again today for me -more hacking back -gawd it looks a mess! Maybe need to think about shredding some of it to make room for more piles of clippings?

Enjoy your day peeps- whatever mischief you get up to.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X