X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    ^Eeh, LD. So sorry to hear of all your troubles, but still lovely to hear from you. Time to get as much help as you can. No good you getting so crocked you can't help Mr LD at all. Big cyber hug, though I guess better not be too big a hug, otherwise it will hurt.

Bit of a late arrival. Got up early to do some things in town (post office and bank), only to discover bank won't open for hours 'for medical reasons'. So Mr Snoop suggests we go and visit a largish town nearby with a sizeable supermarket. Clearly early on a Monday morning is the time when half the local populace has the same idea. Anyway, Mr Snoop very twitchy by the time we get out.

Am about to go off for a nap now to recover from the stress! Catch you later, maybe. If not, see you in the morning.

Leave a comment:

• lottie dolly
    replied
    Good afternoon all,bless you for missing me,i just had to retreat,on looking at the truth of what was going on,it almost looked like i was making it all up,but i promise i was not,aprox 3.5 weeks ago,i must have had a funny do,i was about to go into a room,all i remember is,my bad shoulder rammed into the door frame,and the knee on opposite side either hit the other side or the floor,it happened that quick,yet slow motion,boy was i squeeking,YESYESYES,MR slept on,i made myself get up,had some help from the fairy shopping ext,can now drive myself,is still iffy on holding a full cup to drink,and knee still keeps having hot flushes,tingles ext,but the worst is over,MR seems to be switching off more than awake,and the son/pain,i thought was easing,but we have flared up again,i feel like a lodger in our own home,and still i try to do my best,a lot i have to ignore,but cannot when it affect his dad,am expecting a call from DR any time,regards blood test after last stroke,am going to ask about help to shower him once or twice a week,as i now struggle.
    Have had a scan over the last post's,the good humour and banter is still on going,pleased the buildings are getting done,enjoy your new outdoor kitchen Snoop,hope your as ok as possible,ref the red line around leicester,we are not in leicester,but we were included to start with,was let out in the first wave off set us free,for all the good it did,peeps still come shopping over the line without maskes,grrrr,will stay silent,have a good afternoon whats left of it,XX

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
    We don't need as much beauty sleep as some of the older men rary
    Flo if it was for beauty I would be sleeping all day

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n'alln'all
    lovely day here too!

Sounds like a good job done there rary....nice bit of wedging involved I imagine?
    We went to Guedelon Castle a couple of years ago (reconstruction of a medieval castle using medieval techniques) and saw them splitting huge tree trunks using wedges...
    Bet the finished result will look lovely!

Not sure what I'll be doing today but I may spend some time in the kitchen.
    OH is strimming the ivy which covers about 1/3 of the front of the house so I'm keeping out of his way. Can't stand the smell of freshly cut ivy!

Full moon tonight...keep the noise down peeps!

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bones
    replied
    Morning Flo and all.

Only 12 degrees again but reasonably bright. Yesterday was perfect temps for working.

Happy Mondays

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    We don't need as much beauty sleep as some of the older men rary

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Good Morning All Secret stones Nicos, how lovely It's raining here but warm. Have a good day All

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    Good evening, got some work done then decided to split an 8foot length of telegraph pole not the easiest thing to do when all you have is a hammer, axe and bits of wood, but I did manage it and will now use the 2 sections to sit at the base of a fence to hold back some gravel, just hope I haven't decided to do something that I might struggle with though hard heavy work was never a problem now going to bed where I will sleep all night and not be up at silly o'clock like some of the older women on here seem to be

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good evening all.It wasnt the best of days weather wise.
    Cool and breezy with very heavy showers this afternoon and evening.
    Did some pottering, deadheading and weeding.
    Everything seems to be going over so quickly with the wet and windy weather.
    Still hoping for some sunshine but our weather is still very unsettled.
    Have a good evening and stay safe.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Evening!
    Had a great afternoon...the wind dropped and we went out for the afternoon to find a row of standing stones we had no idea was near us.
    We eventually found them...but no signs anywhere.

Then back home to a BBQ...lovely!

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    Good afternoon, was a bit late getting up this morning, (clear conscience) had breakfast then out to water the greenhouse before listening to the church service, had a bit of lunch I hen went up to drop off some strawberry tarts to son and daughter, then back home to do a bit of weeding ands it was actually quite chilly, now going out to clear a bit more of my paths in preparation for my new bed, right catch you later

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Afternoon, the breeze is making it feel cooler than it looks outdoors still outdoors enjoying the sunshine though. Did a bit of weeding and feeding then gathered veg for this evenings meal.
    Enjoy the rest of the day.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    He was indeed Bramble !
    His amazing skill passed down through my uncle and his son and completely bypassed my side
    We even had a baked bean tin inserted into our lawn so when they came over to eat with us on a Sunday he could practice his putting!
    I sooo tried to please him but was pretty rubbish

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Nicos, if your grandpa had a handicap of 1 he was a really good player.
    The pitch and club house is not licenced so its tea and coffee for us.
    We had 53 ladies playing yesterday, this was a good turnout considering some of our older members are scared of playing during the pandemic.
    We have managed it pretty well with tea and coffee on offer from polystyrene cups outdoors.
    We play by the coast so it's a links course which means it never gets flooded.
    It's so good to have some social activity in these challenging times.

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good morning all.
    A dull and cool morni g with temp just 14 degs.
    No plans for the day so far.
    Have a good one and take care.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X