X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ameno
    replied
    Potted up some sprouted pea and courgette seeds.

More digging the big bed.

I was concerned that three of my early potatoes still weren't up, despite having been planted more than 6 weeks ago, so I very carefully dug them up.
    Something had evidently been eating the sprouts, as they were severed and full of holes. The potatoes themselves were still firm, and had new shoots coming, so I replanted them closer to the surface, so that the shoots didn't have as far to go.

Leave a comment:

• bario1
    replied
    Originally posted by ameno View Post
    Outdoors? In Edinburgh? You're mad!
    Not quite - into the polytunnel.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Originally posted by bario1 View Post
    Took this lot down the plot - it’s sink or swim for them now, no more mollycoddling.
    [ATTACH]91333[/ATTACH]
    Outdoors? In Edinburgh? You're mad!

Leave a comment:

• bario1
    replied
    Took this lot down the plot - it’s sink or swim for them now, no more mollycoddling.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	D350B5B7-9340-4438-BD4E-5A1AE0495BE7.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	2387131

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Planted out the rest of my oca at the allotment.
    Resowed some carrots, and covered the carrot and beetroot seedlings with fleece, partly to keep them warm, but mostly to keep off pests, including sparrows which I suspect are nibblng my beetroot seedlings.

More digging.

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Potted on my brocolli plants.
    Planted out pac choy and mazuna seedlings.
    Covered all the greenhouse plants with fleece and bubble wrap.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Sowed some courgettes and cape gooseberries.

Did some more digging at the allotment, and earth up a few of my maincrop potatoes, which are starting to emerge.

Leave a comment:

• Plot70
    replied
    We did get a little bit of rain to water in those kohlrabi plants but not yet enough to fully test the water recycling system I built to stop all those flood storms we had been having for almost six months after trying to sort out the shed roof after a wild bramble with stems an inch thick had been allowed to grow over it. When I want to fix a roof it always rains for 140 days and nights. Biblical is normally 40 days and nights. It was just a shed roof this time but is was still bad enough to rain off the Christmas light turn on at Sheffield at the back end of last year.
    Setting up a water recycling tank has caused a drought.
    It looks like we are over the drought now and we had more than half of the first tank full from the newly fixed shed roof.
    I really aught to do one of those taking on a plot threads as I have collected enough photos of all the tap roots I have been pulling up in the wet weather since December.

Leave a comment:

• elsie-scot
    replied
    Needing rain here too Bramble. I know I’ll regret saying that!
    Been fitting in spells of weeding, reorganising garden layout, sowing seeds and watering.
    Ground elder still winning battle in front but I am currently ahead in back garden.

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Planted up two hanging baskets.
    Potted on my cucumbers and squash.
    Put in more supports for the sweetpeas.
    Watered everything as we havnt rain for the past six weeks.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Too wet to go to the allotment today, so I did some jobs at home in between the rain.
    I potted up my sprouted broccoli seeds, potted on my melon plants into bigger pots, repotted the two blueberry plants I bought with that offer on here not long ago, repotted some of my citrus plants, and planted out four oca plants in the mini raised bed on my patio. The others shall go out at the allotment in the next few days.

Leave a comment:

• Plot70
    replied
    I planted out two beds with Kohlrabi and broccoli.
    The forecast is cooler and wetter weather so they will not dry out while they are settling in.

Leave a comment:

• muckdiva
    replied
    I ‘gave Peas a Chance’. Sowed a handful of suma dried peas for pea shoots, then on to the real ones - an egg tray full of Oskar, and 10 each of heritage varieties Winfreda and Harrison Glory.

Leave a comment:

• 1Bee
    replied
    Originally posted by bikermike View Post

Built a trebuchet as well, but that's not strictly garden...
    I need to know more about the trebuchet....

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Potted up the last of my beans.
    Repotted three chilli plants.

Did some more digging at the allotment, and a little weeding. Noticed the potatoes I planted two weeks ago are starting to come up already.
    I also caught the ants red-handed, a dozen or more of them chewing through one of the remaining broccoli stems. I'm going to Wilko anyway tomorrow, so I shall get some ant nest killer.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X