X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peanut
    replied
    Planted my tomatoes (Green Zebra, Green Envy, Black Russian, Black Cherry, SugarGloss and SuperSweet100), cucumbers (Beth Alpha) and melons (Emir) into their final buckets in the greenhouse. Still to plant up the sweet peppers and aubergines, outdoor cucumber (Diva) and outdoor tomato (Roma) plus all my veg plants into my now completed veg cage. So much to do! Great isn't it!!

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Went slug hunting at the allotment after the rain.

Pollinated my first squash flower. There was exactly one male flower open, and it had miraculously avoided having its pollen washed out in the rain.

Leave a comment:

• Jungle Jane
    replied
    Today I pulled out some old strawberry plants & added some old compost & planted three tomato plants black icicle,cour di bue & pantano against a trellis. Also planted a couple other tomato plants Taiko & M.U.S next to the dahlias (Black aphid already). There’s still quite a lot of plants to plant out. I need to bag up last years tomato plant compost & put it aside,then fill the pots with really old compost that’s round the side of the house,then plant more tomatoes & peppers. I planted an edelweiss into a slightly bigger pot,I wonder if it’ll flower this year.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Took some cuttings from my trifoliate orange.
    It struck me today that I should try grafting material from my 14-year-old seed-grown stubbornly-unfruitful citrus onto a dwarfing rootstock in order to try and encourage fruit. Trifoliate orange is often used for this, as it creates a dwarfing plant and is also much hardier than any other citrus, and I just to happen to already have a trifoliate orange...

Leave a comment:

• Jungle Jane
    replied
    Last years runner bean plants are regrowing in another area here so I put up a teepee & added some new bean plants with them,then planted sweetcorn & squash around & topped off with a bit of BFB. Also planted out a few tomatoes & peppers. Watered all the pots.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Cut all my comfrey, and used it as a mulch for my tomatoes and tomatillos.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Planted out my Romaneco broccoli and the last of my sprouts.

Leave a comment:

• Mark_Riga
    replied
    Picked some elderflowers and made cordial, planted out some quinoa seedlings.

Winter cabbage to plant out tomorrow and I know I should have an outdoor cucumber to plantout if I can find it.

Leave a comment:

• peanut
    replied
    Sowed Cobra Climbing French Beans.
    Dug up a big clump of annoying ornamental grass.
    Hoovered!

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Potted up some basil plants.

Strimmed the paths at the allotment.
    Weeded the oca and the asparagus.
    Cut some more comfrey for liquid feed.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Sowed some purple sprouting broccoli seeds in pots.

Planted up my last two lotus seedlings.

Leave a comment:

• Bonjour
    replied
    Planted out 12 gherkin cucumbers, Northern Lights leeks and multi-sown spring onions.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Planted out 4 more sweetcorn.

Planted out the last two sweet peppers, my second watermelon plant, and 9 tenderstem broccoli plants at the allotment.
    Weeded the carrots and beetroot.

Leave a comment:

• Jay-ell
    replied
    Managed to get to the plot for the second time since last year. Remembered that I still haven't payed this years fees

https://youtu.be/-bafIx1ghaA

Decided to keep it. Spent a couple of days doing some clearing and now I can stand outside and it looks like an allotment again.

In the Jungle half, there's 2.5 beds of potatoes (the 2 beds are 8 foot long, the .5 is half a 20 foot bed so it's abstract mathematics) half a bed of skirret and ground chestnuts (half a 20 foot bed that is), a strawberry bed, a salad bed, an oerprei and scorzonera bed (plus compost pile) and a bed of oca leaving just 2 and 2 half beds left to plant (yes thats the other 2 halves of the 20 foot beds).

There's also the greenhouse to do but that'll will be a job for next week (of the week after).

In the New Territories there's the perennial beds which still have loads in them (of course - that's why they're perennials ) and then with the bed for the garlic, bed for shallots, bed for potatoes and the bed for beans that only leaves one 14 foot long bed to sow.

So now to shoehorn in the peas, 12 calabrese, 12 sprouts, 10 different varieties of winter squash, 4 varieties of courgettes, cucumbers, root veg and everything else into these 3 and two half beds.

As last year I showed that you can grow grapes outdoors in Newcastle I pulled out a grape vine.

It had died off for some reason. This now gives space to train the 2 remaining grape vines into it's space.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Planted five more chilli plants at the allotment.

Repotted some of my later sown chilli plants at home.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X