Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yesterday I weeded the front garden & in the back garden I pulled out some old strawberry plants to start preparing the soil for onions,garlic & peas. Pulled up a few more tomato plants,there’s only about two plants out there now,deadheaded the dahlias & marigolds. I cut a couple of courgette & squash plants out,I leave a lot of roots in there for worm food. The grounds still a bit wet but it’s a relief to get out there after all that rain,hopefully be able to mow the lawn again soon,it’s grown so fast.

Comment

• Today I went round mums & started thinning the bamboo round the pond so it stops trying to spread everywhere,apparently when it’s dense it sends out runners to look for moisture. There is a barrier in there but it’s popping up in the pond edging,there’s quite a bit of dried bamboo amongst it too so I’m taking that out too. There was a moorhen on the pond edge about two weeks ago,they usually nest nearby

Comment

• Yesterday I took out my remaining Cuc, a couple of Toms that had finished and some of the basil plants from my GH.

Today I weeded the brassica cage and tidied up the plants, one of the sprouts needed staking.

Picked sweetpea pods for next years plants.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Today I planted out a large eremurus robustus bulb that looks like a small octopus,our cat ran away when I was putting it on the ground,then later had a sniff & realised it was safe. Then I planted out a bag of red onions electric & covered them with metal shelving for protection.

Comment

• Good night all,
            Spent a large part of the day making more jam and jelly.
            A lot of space freed up now in the freezer.
            Nothing garden related as the weather was too wet and miserable.
            Take care all and stay safe.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Today I worked out where to plant the garlic,I like it growing in the raised bed next to the apple tree,not sure how long ago I grew garlic in that bed,I think it was within three years so I dug out a load of soil & replaced it with buckets of compost I grew tomatoes in,including the fine roots & worms,then covered it with a bag of really old compost. Then it got dark & I thought our cat"™ll love this so I covered it all with metal shelving & sticks,its nice to have it ready. (I say raised bed but the corner posts have rotted & I've put tent pegs in to hold the front bit of wood up,it"™s really just wood decaying in a rectanglular shape ).

Comment

• Today I planted all the garlic in the raised bed,in alphabetical order so I know what"™s where Then I took the last blowaway down & put it in the shed & moved the peach tree pot to where that was (next to the house in the most sheltered spot) & made a bubble wrap house with canes,pegs & string around it to protect from the rain,I"™ve also put some pots around it to help insulate it a bit.

Comment

• New thread here :-

https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...did-today-2021
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X