• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repotted basil and parsley plants
    Potted on rudbeckia
    Watered some tubs and then the heavens opened
    Northern England.

Comment

• Repotted my six tomatillo plants, along with two more chillis and my remaining watermelon.

Earthed up potatoes.

Constructed a frame for my tall peas.

More digging.

Comment

• Housework
        Then ..
        Split some potted plants that were pot bound
        Sowed some more salad
        Pricked out black eyed Susan or is it susie I've grown
        Shuffled window ledges
        Covered things in gh incase there is a frost
        Northern England.

Comment

• I finished off by runner bean trellis and put up some canes under trees for a few left over plants.
          I had to make it all out of salvaged parts due to the garden centers being shut.
          Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

• Potted up four more sweet potato cuttings. I now have 16 plants.
            Sowed a few more sweetcorn, as some of the first batch are looking rather stunted (all germinated within 3 days of each other, but some are 3 inches tall whereas others are barely even half an inch).

Planted out some mangetout at the allotment.

More digging.

Comment

• Put up a wigwam for the runner beans with my small helper

Popped some composted manure mulch on a few beds which I should really have done last autumn - oops

Potted out my new perennial kales (Taunton Dean and Dauberton), felt sad one got crushed in the post

Potted on my tomatillos (tomatilloes?! Sp?!) and squash.

Fretted about whether my little cape gooseberry seedlings might actually grow properly and yield fruit this year - hopefully third time lucky with the cape gooseberries for me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Right Shed Fred View Post
                Fretted about whether my little cape gooseberry seedlings might actually grow properly and yield fruit this year - hopefully third time lucky with the cape gooseberries for me!
                They're surely doing better than mine.
                I sowed them over a month ago, at the same time as the tomatillos. The tamatillos were up in just over a week. They're very closely related, so you'd think they'd grow at more or less the same rate, but none of them germinated. I ordered some more seed, and sowed it 12 days ago. It's in my heated propagator, but nothing doing. I have another packet, from a third supplier, which I shall sow from as a last ditch attempt if the previous lot don't show in the next couple days.

Comment

• This long distance gardening a bit of a problem, out of multi purpose compost and I don't have any homemade left, managed to get an order which will be delivered from a local garden centre. Tried getting some seeds on line, a lot not available until September, managed to get some stuff ordered.

Comment

• More digging at the allotment. Nearly done now (the big bed, that is).
                    Weeded the raspberry bed. A lot of weeds, but the pulled out easily. Lots and lots of new raspberry canes, too. Need to thin them, I think.

Comment

• Had a look at the other site people had been talking about but didn't like their privacy policy or terms of service. Seemed a bit dodgy to me.

Comment

• More digging.
                        Earthed up the potatoes again.
                        Noticed my newly planted mangetout had some sun scorch,so I rigged up some shading for them.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02694.JPG
Views:	240
Size:	693.3 KB
ID:	2494680
                          Potted on some spare tommies into their final pots and also some chillies into their final pots too
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02697.JPG
Views:	239
Size:	598.2 KB
ID:	2494681

Comment

• Finally (yey!) got the greenhouse relocation project "finished". There are a couple of tidy up bits to do such as replacing some of the horrible twinwall (it cleans to vaguely translucent yellow) that are on the triangle pieces with some of the offcuts but the GH is functional again :-)

Fitted a new automatic window opener tube/piston to the greenhouse and got the heaters working again.

Filled up half the greenhouse staging with the overflowing number of plants I had pretty much everywhere.

8x Tomatoes potted up into their final pots.
                            Lots of pumpkins and squash potted up.

Started to spread out and sort through the rest of the seedlings/small plants now I have a little space again!

Comment

• Gave everything (inside and out) a bit of a water - will it ever rain?? Used the last dribble of saved rainwater to relieve my parched blueberries. Potted up 10 sad looking strawberry ‘plants’ that arrived in the post this morning... not impressed with them. Planted two potatoes in the polytunnel! Planted out a courgette plant under a cloche. Left 100 other jobs undone.
                              He-Pep!

Comment

• Finally finished digging the big bed! Although I still need to edge one side with roof tiles, and also fork in some garden compost and poultry manure all over.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X