X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Last couple of days I’ve been pulling up bolted lettuce and weeding. That latest rains really made the weeds grow.

Leave a comment:

• bikermike
    replied
    Last few weekends rather than today, but
    - picked courgettes
    - serviced the plot's lawnmowers (well, the easy ones)
    - mowed my plot (at long long last)
    - picked courgettes
    - took the small person to pick blackberries
    - picked carrots (Nantes Early)
    - planted some cheeky infill carrots in the gap
    - did I mention picking courgettes...?

I think tinkering away at a few lawnmowers in the peace and quiet of the shed may be my new favourite thing...

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Pruned my cherry tree.
    Coppiced the willows at the allotment (need to dig them out this winter).

Loosened the roots of all of my onions. They are starting to die back now, but I want the space for purple sprouting, so I've decided to hasten the process a little. I also brought back eight suspect looking bulbs (don't think it's white rot - half seem to be some sort of blue-green mould, and the others some sort of brown rot), and two that had grown a load of weird bulblets at their base, for some reason.

Leave a comment:

• jdlondon
    replied
    Sowed a bunch of seeds.

Took some lavender and wisteria cuttings and stuck them in a deep pot, roughly covered with some bubble wrap, placed in a cold frame. Fingers crossed.

Leave a comment:

• peanut
    replied
    Finally planted out the last of my Annuals, Bells of Ireland, some Salvias and Cerinthe Major. My lovely neighbour gave me a big Penstemon and a Gaura so planted those too. Started to prune one of my Pyracantha and some Spring flowering shrubs. Sowed some more carrots and radishes. Planted out the last two Cobra beans.
    Today was a good day.

Leave a comment:

• MelanieSW
    replied
    A bit of weeding this weekend, and sowed Florence fennel, plus more carrots and radishes.
    Also did some panic spraying of maincrop potatoes and tomatoes - looks like blight has arrived on a couple of allotments on our site

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Potted up some sprouted dwarf french bean seeds.
    Planted out the last of the leek plants at the allotment.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Planted out some dwarf french bean plants where the potatoes were.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    More blisters....same job as before taking forever! ...remind me next year not to leave pruning them!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Made a larger net frame for my cauliflowers they’d outgrown the cloche they were under.
    General weeding after that.

Leave a comment:

• peanut
    replied
    Installed my first water butt, well my neighbour did it for me, I made cups of tea

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Loads of cutting back and weeding....so much so I have several blisters on my hands

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Strimmed the allotment paths.
    Sowed some lettuce seeds in plugs.

Leave a comment:

• ESBkevin
    replied
    Prepped a bed to take some more brassicas. About 14 I should think. Tonight after work a rush to plant and net them before the rains get here. I'm also thinking of putting a well spaced double row down the middle of our 3 row permanant strawberry bed. Logic being they are done now (apart from the runners) and won't really need expansion space until about April next year. I can crop some cabbage and cauli under the hoop frame that supports the strawberry nets. It should keep the pigeons off and I'll take a chance with the cabbage butterfly. I have lots of plants from my sow um all nursary row.

Leave a comment:

• Jungle Jane
    replied
    I planted out two of my broccoli plants & made a net curtain house for them. Found a caterpillar on the self seeded broccoli in the raised bed & a lot of moth eggs. Flying ants about too. Garlic & onions have been drying for just over two weeks,I cut the roots & tops off some of the onions & all the garlic,all stored in the shed.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X