X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynamo
    replied
    I cropped a couple of radishes that I sowed last December in the greenhouse. Slugs have had a bit of a nibble at them so I've put down some beer traps. One I did last week has already killed a few of them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1583774729803.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	2386520 Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1583774734254.jpg
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	2386521 Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1583774738937.jpg
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	2386522

I also planted some fartichokes in potato grow bags. There's two in each bag. I figured it best to use grow bags as they are buggers for growing where they were cropped from the year before because it's hard to get all the tubers out.

Name:	FB_IMG_1583774745342.jpg
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	2386523

Leave a comment:

• SarrissUK
    replied
    I sorted all my seeds and added these new seeds to my bundles of joy lol

And I bought a mini wooden greenhouse from Aldi

Name:	20200309_134013.jpg
Size:	754.7 KB
ID:	2386517

Name:	20200309_134016.jpg
Size:	768.9 KB
ID:	2386518

Name:	20200309_134020.jpg
Size:	733.6 KB
ID:	2386519

Leave a comment:

• burnie
    replied
    General tidy up started in the garden, plants and shrubs that were left over winter for cover or feed for wildlife is now being tidied up, pruned the buddleias down and starting to uncover some new shoots, first daffodils in flower today, rain started now so inside in the dry.

Leave a comment:

• elleme
    replied
    Checked on lettuce, tom and peashoots on windowsill, all doing fine, chilli not up yet. Also sowed mini peppers there. Sowed some radish. Harvested lamb's lettuce to have with lunch. Checked a couple of containers for broad bean germination. No sign yet but I've got several self sown parsley seedlings coming up.

Leave a comment:

• self-contained
    replied
    I sowed some peashoots and moved some containers with primroses and Spraxis tricolor (which Google tells me are harlequin flowers) into the front garden.The harlequin flower bulbs were a random purchase from Lidl a couple of weeks ago as I needed something to add into the primrose pots.

I've also started some sprouting radish seeds soaking in my new sprouter. Hopefully they will turn out okay. I'm not a morning person, so no way I will remember to drain and rinse them every morning before going to work, so just hoping a once daily rinse is enough to prevent me getting haemolytic uraemic syndrome If the radish seeds work okay, I have lots of nice dried pulses from Hodmedod (a birthday present) that I could try sprouting, but I did buy my Mum lots of seeds for sprouting from Premier Seeds a couple of years ago and am certainly seeing a bulk sprouting/microgreen seed order in my near future

Leave a comment:

• Bonjour
    replied
    Planted my Desiree and Setanta maincrop spuds. Emptied out all the odds and sods of pots in the greenhouse and seived the used compost, which will be added to seived soil for filling the cone-shaped holes when I plant my parsnips.

I'm going to have a go at pre-germinating the parsnip seeds this year. from what I've seen on Youtube, this takes about 5 days, so I'll probably set them going on Monday or Tuesday for planting at weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Plot12c
    replied
    Sowed my tumbling tom tomatoes and a lot of my Brassica seeds today. Nearly used all the available space so hopefully will be able to get some bits and pieces out in the next few weeks.

Leave a comment:

• NatalieCooke
    replied
    We cleaned out the greenhouse! Throw away so many old pot plants and gave the place a food brushing. Hopefully next week we can give the glass a good washing!

Leave a comment:

• Chestnut
    replied
    At last, a mostly dry weekend!
    Dug over about a fifth of plot, sourced the 4th side for new pumpkin bed, and sowed my February seeds :-D

Leave a comment:

• Stan79
    replied
    Yeeeessssss!!!! Ended up with an unexpected day off work so my season has officially started!

Planted:
    Honeycomb tomatoes
    Vittoria tomatoes
    Tigerella tomatoes
    Golden sunrise tomatoes
    Basil
    Leeks
    Peas
    Cucumber
    Parsnips in toilet rolls to transplant at a later date
    Early jalapeno peppers and two other varieties.
    Potatoes are chitting happily away.

All in all, i'm very excited!!!

Leave a comment:

• Bonjour
    replied
    Built the box frame for my hotbed and dug out a pit 18 inches deep by 8 feet long by 2 foot eight wide. Then barrowed a trailer full of horse muck and straw to partly fill it. I'll need another trailer full to get it near the top of the box, then add a six inch layer of soil. Once the temperature stabilises it will become home to my sweet potatoes and this year's big risky experiment, watermelon!

I tried to upload pictures from my phone but to no avail. Was losing the will to live in trying, so posted without.

Leave a comment:

• annie8
    replied
    Sowed a few more tomato seeds for the propogator. Put some tomato seeds and an orange habanero in their first individual pots. Pruned a couple of buddleia and tidied up a mint. Bought a yellow gooseberry bush and. Yellow Achilliea in morrisons.

Leave a comment:

• self-contained
    replied
    After a very busy week, failed miserably to get up in time to go to the Post Office this morning - will post my swap seeds next week.

I've sown four varieties of radishes outdoors though, and moved various containers to sunnier spots now that things are definitely warming up. I'm concerned my rhubarb isn't doing much. The compost is far too spent for me to expect a harvest this year, but I was hoping to get enough leaves to keep it limping on until I can plant it in the ground.

I've realised that I'm going to be leaving Lincolnshire a month earlier than I had expected. This throws many of my garden plans for this year into chaos. I have started certain seedlings in the hope of getting things to crop by the end of August, but now I'll be wanting things that are done by the end of July. Alas tomatoes

Leave a comment:

• burnie
    replied
    Still quiet up here as the overnight temps are sub zero inside the greenhouse, tatties are chitting, but it will be weeks away before they are planted, so I'm still an indoor gardener at the moment, finally got some Hungarian Hot Wax chillies to grow from some seed I saved last year, won't be long till the first of my tomato seeds will be sown in the heated propagator.

Leave a comment:

• OakR
    replied
    Planted out my Charlotte potatoes (around 28) and 5 Sharpes Express.

Did a bit of weeding around the Garlic and Onions which seem to be doing well.

Stared at my tomato and cucumber seedlings for far longer than necessary. I need help!

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X