• Show
Clear All

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Something simple just going out for a walk

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    My husband suddenly wanted to know which group sang a particular '60s song so I looked it up on my 'phone. Ended up finding it on Youtube and then casting it to the TV. Then of course another and another. Very enjoyable hour. I loved the sixties and Seventies.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Seeing the first bumble bee of the year
    It's a bit early so if I see it again I'll leave out some sugared water.
    Glad to see my hostas are blooming well for these early bees too
    (I read honeyed water is potential bad for them-spreading disease from one hive to another bee.)

Leave a comment:

• lottie dolly
    replied
    I got some more happies,
    Got an egg from a new girl,lucky is coming to the wire to my chatting,is eating some greens ,although she has lost a lot of feathers from around the neck,looks like lots of new shafts ready to pop into bloom,have noticed a new 1 whopping back some of said feathers,they have all they need for now so am happy.
    the best 1 is,son actually asked ME for a hug,look for that blue moon tonight :

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    It'll be a bumper year for the birds. There are toads everywhere after the rains. Our flooded fields are full of toads advertising their availability and you have to be careful when out walking not to trample them underfoot. Last time this happened, the birds had a feast of spawn and toadlets. Mind you, that was the year of the worst hail, so we can do without that.

Happy to hear your news too, LD.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Really happy to see my daffs starting to open....the crocus...the snowdrops... primula ....and a very scented shrub which I have no idea what it is!
    Glad there are no signs of blossom yet on the fruit trees- I really don't want to lose another years worth of apples/pears/cherries/plums.
    And...my lawns really need trimming
    So lovely to feel nature starting to react to this season.
    Last edited by Nicos; 04-02-2020, 06:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• lottie dolly
    replied
    Got 4 new laydeezzzzzzzzz today,so far so good,there was a couple of small spatz,first off,but fine now,LUCKY flew at 2 of them,to say i am in charge here,that is well good,they scrating around and chuntering away,is nice to post a happy at last.

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    While looking for a birthday present for a relative at th weekend I called in at a local factory shop. I found a present. Today I suggested to another elderly (nearly 90) relative who can't walk far, that I take her there. She jumped at the chance. We parked by the door. She ended up with a pile of goodies approaching the size of Everest in a changing room and eventually we came home. She'd bought at least half a dozen items and couldn't wait to tell her friends. She was so happy that it makes me happy too. I think that next week I might be going back with her and her friend. I must admit a few items did sneak into my bag too!!!!

Leave a comment:

• happyhumph
    replied
    Got home from work yesterday and Mr HH had washed the dog!

Leave a comment:

• Small pumpkin
    replied
    Got my camera & iPad talking to each other again

Leave a comment:

• Vegi potager
    replied
    Originally posted by Chestnut View Post
    I had to chuckle when I spotted the work notice board today. Sign up sheet for 2020 xmas party is there already!
    VP <runs screaming in the opposite direction>

Originally posted by Chestnut View Post
    Us growers are so fortunate to have an entire season of pottering on the allotment to look forward to before Christmas parties become our focus ;-)
    VP <BIG sigh of relief>
    Spent a few hours out there today:
    cold, but sunshine.
    Bee on the hellebores
    Long tail tits (5) on the bird feeder and the robin came to say hello.
    Flowers beginning to develop on the rosemary
    A few more broad beans have popped up in the cold frame

And him indoors actually came and brought me a cup of tea in the GH while I was filling seed trays and pots ready for sowing, and moved a few bags of MPC for me all without being asked.

What is there to "not to be happy about" about my day today?!!
    Last edited by Vegi potager; 30-01-2020, 05:16 PM. Reason: just can't get the grammer right today so I have given up. Sorry.

Leave a comment:

• Chestnut
    replied
    I had to chuckle when I spotted the work notice board today. Sign up sheet for 2020 xmas party is there already!
    Us growers are so fortunate to have an entire season of pottering on the allotment to look forward to before Christmas parties become our focus ;-)

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Lovely to see miffy back with us again! * waves...

Leave a comment:

• Vegi potager
    replied
    After, quite frankly, a very c..p day I am now home and checked the propagator. I have Signs Of Life! It has even taken the chili seeds only 7-12 days to germinate

I am smiling now, just hope that I haven't peaked too soon

Leave a comment:

• Chestnut
    replied
    My fridge-freezer is working again ;-)

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X