Finding a slug on my foot in the middle of the night, aaaah

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding a slug on my foot in the middle of the night, aaaah

I found a long slug on the side of my foot last night. I had been by the door (where they sneak in from), and also to the garden centre during the day and hadn't yet changed my clothes. It rained very heavily yesterday. I'm not squeamish but lets just say I screamed at the surprise

The last time that I found a slug was in my bed with me having a nap.

I also have a mouse in the house which I would like to leave.

Have any of you found slugs or anything else in strange places? How could I encourage them to leave? or prevent them both from entering?

Many years ago we found a live wasp in our toddlers NAPPY one morning.in November. Amazingly he hadn’t been stung. Assuming the wasp was overcome by the fumes.

Comment

Yesterday I gave a grapevine I'd potted up last year to my sister for her friend. While we were sitting having a coffee before she left this rather large slug crawled out of the compost. She freaked out. The thought it could have ended up in her car upset her.
      I absolutely cannot share a house with a mouse or rat. My answer would be air rifle

Comment

I woke, in the middle of the night, with a sense that there was something moving on my forehead! Touched my head and yes. there was something moving that shouldn't be there. Something slimy................
        Flicked the bedside light on - sure enough, it was one of those little grey slugs that I can only assume had found its way into my hair and crawled out under cover of darkness.

I'd not long finished reading a book called "Slugs". If you're squeamish, don't even read the wiki page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slugs_(novel)

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
          I woke, in the middle of the night, with a sense that there was something moving on my forehead! Touched my head and yes. there was something moving that shouldn't be there. Something slimy................
          Flicked the bedside light on - sure enough, it was one of those little grey slugs that I can only assume had found its way into my hair and crawled out under cover of darkness.

I'd not long finished reading a book called "Slugs". If you're squeamish, don't even read the wiki page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slugs_(novel)
          I read the page! Started off finding it amusing, didn't finish it!
          Yuk!!

Comment

The first few lines sent a shudder down my spine VC, bleeuuu, maybe that slug was trying to have a nibble on my foot

Scary about the wasp in the nappy, yay to baby fumes

I don't want to share my home with mice or rats so...

I went to look for a trap in wilkos, I forgot to buy it as I got distracted by the tulips bulbs, I'm not too keen on the trap, I hope it just leaves instead!

Comment

Hahaha, this thread has made me giggle! .
              We have slug trails by the kitchen door at times...wish I knew where they get in, assume it’s my boots.
              All at once I hear your voice
              And time just slips away
              Bonnie Raitt

Comment

This was me last summer - crickets eh!
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=Pklp5spGbH8
                sigpic
                1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

Quite often find dead, slightly dessicated sticky slugs stuck to the side of one of our cats... she likes to go sleep in damp corners of the garden, and presumably squashes and dehydrates them.

Don't mind her killing them off this way - just wish she wouldn't rub up against my face with them stuck on her first thing in the morning!

Comment

Not pleasant! On your foot eek.

I have two cats, and they have been known to bring slugs into the house on their fur, presumably from pushing through undergrowth in the garden. I find that slugs don't fare well on duvet covers, dries them out....not pleasant for them or me ...but more for them.

On two occasions recently I have found very large leopard slugs in the kitchen (one on the worktop, yeuch) and I'm trying to work out whether they have come in on produce (possibly), or is there a sluggy access route in somehow. I really, really hope not!
                    Mostly flowers, some fruit and veg, at the seaside in Edinburgh.

Comment

not for the faint hearted

wishing you no more crickets in ears

Originally posted by Baldy View Post
                      This was me last summer - crickets eh!
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=Pklp5spGbH8
                      Reading this in bed has made me double check for hydrated and dehydrated slugs in my bed, the neighbours cats when they wanders over, my hair, boots and access roots, they are always near the windows and doors.

It's almost made me forget about the mouse
                      Last edited by chillithyme; 13-10-2019, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X