No announcement yet.

Hope Its the right decision

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suppose I'm a back-garden grower too, come to think of it. It was your comment about going out in your PJs that made me think about it, Cariann. Mr Snoop goes mad when I garden in my slippers. He's just gone out and his final words were: don't go digging up the potatoes in your slippers.

Comment

I will need to tell OH to get me pj`s so that I can nip out when I want
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Naked gardening day only comes around once a year Rary. Or did you not get that memo? hahaha
        Carrie

Comment

Naked! NAKED!!, I don't go to bed naked, simmit and long John's
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Originally posted by rary View Post
            Naked! NAKED!!, I don't go to bed naked, simmit and long John's
            Does John know you have them?.................and what's a "simmit"? Does it have a tassel on the end?

Comment

As people have said, there are only so many hours in a day. My plot is 5 minutes walk away, and I wouldn't want one further. If it's a chore, it's not a hobby (don't tell my wife that when I come grumbling in after a cold, dark, produce-less day in December...). In your position, I'd probably put my name down for the most local plot I could find and see if it came up, grow in the garden and see what happens/what I felt like when it came up.

As for gardening in one's nightwear, I'll see that and raise you working on the motorbike in my dressing-gown (garage is integral to the house with a connecting internal door...).

Comment

My back garden is my allotment. raised beds, pots and containers paved area 1/2 way down just big enough for my chair and a table for the cup of tea. Home after a long shift and straight out to potter or pull a few carrots or lettuce for tea. Need a tomato for a cheese sandwich for the pack up for work? Done. Never have the problem of forgetting to bring x to the allotment. Wellies by the back door and no one to complain about the sight of me in my summer shorts or if I haven't weeded/tidied up. Come to think of it, the last is a lie. Him indoors hates the shorts and is always telling me to put tools in the shed not leave them in the glasshouse. Then again he does bring me out cups of tea or make dinner when I am having a full on garden day
                If I have 5 minutes or 5 hours, it is right there to enjoy. I hope you do too.
                V.P.
                The thing I grow best are very large slugs!

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                  Does John know you have them?.................and what's a "simmit"?
                  Tis a garment, a vest

Comment

My plot is 26 miles from my door . Three quarters of an hour drive each way and to be honest, that is too far. Difficult enough for a retired old mannie getting to be like me but having to keep a job going as well must be doubly difficult and that's without taking the shift pattern into account. It's better for the self esteem to be giving your plot up whilst it's in decent nick and also better not to have other plotters girning if you should let it go back to nature. My forelock can be taken as doffed

Comment

Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
                      Tis a garment, a vest
                      Like Rab C Nesbit's with tassels??

Comment

Sounds like the right thing to do to me too Carrie I’m a back garden grower as I know if I had to travel to an allotment I’d never end up getting there- I also work shifts it can be a nightmare at times just to get to the bottom of the garden!!

Comment

There is no turning back now. Ive emailed the guy in charge of the plots telling him i am giving my plot up.

Not had a response back from him yet. It is the right decision and i think i will enjoy growing at home instead.

Just need to start bringing everything from the plot up to the house.
                          Carrie

Comment

I have walked round a few places and seen front gardens looking good with some veg mixed in with the flowers and one where they had leeks instead of a lawn.

Comment

I garden at home as we have very few allotments in Northern Ireland.
                              Frequently out in onesie and wellies. There are advantages to gardening at home.
                              Seriously - you will probably get a lot of pleasure from growing in your garden without the hassle of having to travel to an allotment. You can nip out for ten minutes here and there if you want. Go for it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X