Bulb thief

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulb thief

I left four plant pots with spring flower bulbs on a bench outside the greenhouse, just found one on the floor empty and a larger pot has been excavated and half the bulbs have gone. What would have eaten those? No sign of them on the ground so I guess they were eaten.

Tufty and his mates.

Comment

You got off lightly

Grey Squirrels probably. I suspect they had two tree fulls of my plums and a tree full of Irish Peach apples.

I watched them take and eat every flower bud on a white magnolia.

Do you have red ones there? Are they so destructive?
      Last edited by DannyK; 25-09-2019, 03:52 PM.
      Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

Greys are moving into the area, not seen any yet, but will now be looking out for them. Sadly the resident Reds are under pressure.

Comment

I’d planted crocus bulbs next to my peas a couple of years ago,I noticed mice had been at my peas the way a load were exposed then later on I noticed some crocus bulbs come up in the lawn,where mice must’ve realised they weren’t peas on their way home to the compost bin,so your bulbs might show up in a surprise place

Comment

Rats with bushy tails as far as I am concerned. They dig up any tulip bulbs I plant especially in pots. I am going to protect tulips with upturned baskets or mesh this year. I could put the potted ones in the polytunnel for the winter but the mice like it in there and last year ate the crocuses.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X