Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any gooseberry recipes please

Hi
    I've got a couple of gooseberry plants that were in the garden when I moved in 20 years ago. ( a small berried deep red one).
    My husband is fed up with gooseberry crumble - especially when he would far prefer to be eating sweeter stuff like raspberries and blackcurrants!
    Has anyone got a good recipe for using gooseberries in a savoury way (sauce, vinegar, alcohol) - Anything but chutney please - still got loads from last year and probably the year before too!
    Thanks

My better half stews my guzzgogs with strawberries then under the crumble mix, makes 'em nice and sweet. Only time I tried them savoury was cold stewed guzzies with a grilled fresh Mackerel I caught from a local shore mark.

Comment

Mmm - sounds like a waste of strawberries to my other half!
      I might try soaking them in gin or vodka (similar to a sloe gin recipe). Anyone know if this would work?
      At least it would make the gooseberries pretty yummy after sitting in neat spirits for a few months!!

Comment

I tried making guzzgog ice cream, that was a disaster, I'm not too keen on fruit with savoury.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X