Christmas Cake Topper...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Cake Topper...

A friend asked me if I could make her a couple of Polar Bears for the top of her Christmas Cake...

Attached Files
    When the Devil gives you Cowpats - make Satanic Compost!

Amazing
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

They are so good! I made a bumble bee cake on the weekend. Never really made icing figures before. I found the fondant icing a little floppy (my wings flopped down!) what do you use for your figures?

Comment

So cute! They'll look so gorgeous on the cake!
        Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

They really are brilliant! Following on from what Scarlet said, do you make your own icing? I would like to make some for my Christmas cake and would welcome a known, tested recipe.
          A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            They are so good! I made a bumble bee cake on the weekend. Never really made icing figures before. I found the fondant icing a little floppy (my wings flopped down!) what do you use for your figures?
            Oh, I've been there, Scarlet! I have been using Sugarcraft petal paste for very thin or delicate work - you can roll it out till you can practically see through it and it dries to a sort of sweet "china" , but it is quite expensive so for larger items - like Mama Bear and her cub, I use regular fondant (Dr Oetker) and add powered Gum Tracynth (sp!) which I buy on line as "Tylose Powder". This makes the fondant firm up a lot quicker, so items tend to stay in their positions more readily, it's useful when colouring fondant (or petal paste for that matter) as the colouring pastes can make the fondant too soft AND it makes a fantastic edible glue for sticking on limbs, heads etc. It keeps indefinitely as long as you store it in an airtight container. If you Google it there are loads of suppliers and there are also lots of video's on how to use it on YouTube.
            When the Devil gives you Cowpats - make Satanic Compost!

Comment

Originally posted by Creemteez View Post
              I have been using Sugarcraft petal paste for very thin or delicate work - you can roll it out till you can practically see through it and it dries to a sort of sweet "china" , but it is quite expensive so for larger items - like Mama Bear and her cub, I use regular fondant (Dr Oetker) and add powered Gum Tracynth (sp!) which I buy on line as "Tylose Powder".
              Brilliant thanks! I used the Dr Oetker coloured fondant. I will get some of the powder, I've really got the bug and want another go!

Comment

I think they are brilliant!
                The best things in life are not things.

Comment

Very impressive!

Put a pair of shades on the big one and you've got the Cresta bear. It's frothy man (gives age away).
                  My blog: www.grow-veg.uk

@Grow_Veg_UK

Comment

They've even got little claws!!!!! Lovely!

Comment

Wow! Amazing!

Comment

They're beautiful CT. Really lovely!

Crrrresta - It's frothy, man! No, I don't remember it, either. I liked the blackcurrant one.
                        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X