veg bangers

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• veg bangers

Hi all,dont know if this is possible or not but OH just been given a sausage maker from the kids-any ideas? Would like to make a veggi version but also meat ones if you have any recipes.only trouble is that my grandson is allergic towheat and diary so cant use rusk or breadcrumbs. Just thought id set you a bit of a challenge!

Originally posted by raine View Post
    Hi all,dont know if this is possible or not but OH just been given a sausage maker from the kids-any ideas? Would like to make a veggi version but also meat ones if you have any recipes.only trouble is that my grandson is allergic towheat and diary so cant use rusk or breadcrumbs. Just thought id set you a bit of a challenge!

Raine I think I've found a couple of veggie/wheat free recipes :-

The "V" Word: Gluten-Free Spicy Italian Sausage, Part II

A vegan obsession: HOMEMADE SAUSAGES - Woo hoo! vegan BANGERS - gluten free and beyond GOOD

then a meat/wheat free one :-

www.sausagemaking.org • View topic - Gluten free recipies wanted!
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Thank you so much for your reply-it has led me onto quite a few vegan sites that are helping me quite a bit. I just need to find a substitute for rice flour and not only will i have sausages but muffins for him to eat as well!

Comment

Why can't you use rice flour Raine?

Comment

Unfortunately my grandson does not react well to rice or soya either! Fine with gram flour though.

Comment

Ah yes. Gram flour is made from chickpeas.

Comment

Can't help with the recipes but interested in your grandson's intolerances. My Godson can't do gluten, milk proteins or soya either and is forever having hospital tests to try and find a diagnosis. Do you know if your grandson's food issues are linked? I know it might not be the same but thought I'd ask. Thanks

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Hi alison, my grandson is 18 mths old so we are still feeling our way but i dont think his allergies are linked (ill ask my son andDIL ) its a bit of a minefield isn't it? How old is your godson?
                Last edited by raine; 04-08-2013, 03:42 PM.

Comment

He's 3 now so they're still finding their way through too. Has had a couple of food trials and investigations but it's ongoing. Luckily my friend is a good cook so experiments with non standard combinations. Have known about the milk protein think since birth and then discovered other things when he was weaned. He doesn't seem to be celiac but defo has a problem with wheat and just doesn't put on weight when he has it in his diet but does become grouchy and is sick a lot.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Very simialar to my grandson, it makes for interesting lunchtimes though!

Comment

Just a quickie.
                      I have a recipe for little greek sausages that are delicious. Loukanika.
                      350g minced pork
                      115g minced beef
                      1 crushed garlic clove
                      1/2 tsp cinnamon
                      1/4 tsp dry savoury or thyme
                      grated zest of small orange
                      s&p
                      100ml red wine
                      lemon wedges to garnish
                      Mix everything in a bowl and leave to marinate. (the meat soaks up the wine...yummy and tender!)
                      Make into about 24 little sausages and grill.

Comment

sorry this is so late a reply but just to tell you, we made these sausages and they were lovely!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X