Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photos, Thea - good or bad results, we need photos!!!
    Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Here's a photo of the sourdough loaf I baked on Friday
      Attached Files
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Wow that looks wonderful!!

Mine is only 5 days old....do you think I need to leave it for the full 7 days before making a loaf? (As suggested in all the recipes I've seen?)
        Last edited by northepaul; 05-02-2012, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Thea I've just read bAck and I made my sponge on day 6 then baked on day 7 of my starter. I think it depends on how your starter smells.

Comment

Just logged in and looked for the latest news on this thread and I'm very impressed with the loaf Bren . I'm full of cold at the moment but am really keen to try some sourdough now. Thanks for the inspiration more photos of others efforts would be appreciated.

Comment

just made my latest, but still don't know what to do about pics - can anyone give me a simple guide to attaching a pic? this one was the daniel stevens 'my sourdough' and prob best yet, though still not salty enough. Very proud though...amazing how proud they make you! Also made fab white burger buns from Dan Lepard, if anyone's interested.
              Well done Bren and everyone else...sounds great and so glad the cult is spreading...

Comment

BR I hope this makes sense

first you click 'go advanced'
                then under the smiley icon theres a sort of photo frame 'insert image' click that
                a pop up box opens
                click the 'from computer ' tab
                lastly click 'select file' then find were you saved your photo to.

Comment

Hi decided to try and start this process. I looked at a few recipes and the only one that mentions discarding some starter each time is HFW. Do you do it I don't really see the point why not as all the others say just feed . Would you get a stronger by only feeding half each time. I feel as if I'm starting ro get into Homeopathy here. Back to sourdough. All opinions would be grateful.

Comment

Wollyanna I 'think' its more to do with if you feed without discarding you're going to end up with a huge amount of starter and like you say it wont be as concentrated.
                    This site had you discarding on day 4 :-

Beginners' blog - a starter, from scratch | Sourdough Companion

Comment

Taken the plunge and started the starter today so fingers crossed.

Comment

I thought mine was dead, as it had seperated, but today I checked and there are more bubbles on the top....so fingers x!

Comment

Keeping a starter going is a bit like having a pet that doesn't need taking for a walk.

Comment

has this worked? bet it hasn't
                            NO! it has! Bren you are a genius, thank you so so much.
                            OK this is where we are, and I am in love. Unfortunately no one else is, but 'tis an amazing thing and makes me so proud...courage, NorthePaul and Wolly, you'll get there...
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by BroadRipple; 07-02-2012, 09:48 PM.

Comment

A thing of beauty BR!!

Comment

Just found this thread. I've got to try this, it looks exciting and fun and a bit of a challenge. Very interesting link about sourdough and health too. See you in a week! (Whizzes off to get starter started...)
                                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                                Endless wonder.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X