X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That loaf looks fantastic
    Nannys make memories

Comment

• thats a great loaf ,I'm still baking sourdough about once a week .I find the extra strong white flour works best sometimes with a bit (about 25 percent) spelt flour
      don't be afraid to innovate and try new things
      remember.........only the dead fish go with the flow

Another certified member of the Nutters club

Comment

• Snake I usually use half white half Canadian bread flour from my local corn merchant, they sell it in 5kg bags. but the other week I bought cheep supermarket bread flour and that worked out fine.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• OMG.... I have just tasted my first loaf of sourdough, I never want to eat other bread again. Totally worth the time. I haven't posted in case it went horribly wrong! Here is the first of many to come!
          Attached Files

Comment

• That does look a nice loaf MrsW and like you say its well worth it.

Comment

• Hi all,
              I found this thread last night, can't believe I hadn't seen it sooner! I love making bread and you've inspired me to 'start' another starter lol.
              We used to have one, I thought it had been thrown out after being neglected but noooo after a bit of rummaging I've found it!
              Ashamed to say it's dated 27th February 2012!!!! Oh dear

Comment

• Welcome to the sourdough thread Vicki don't forget to post a photo of your loaf.

Comment

• Thanks Bren, I'm rubbish at anything techy but will definitely try
                  I did consider trying to revive the old starter, read through a link on here , it actually still smells ok and isn't mouldy but I've got a new one on the go now, probably safer

Comment

• Vicki I've got some of my starter frozen as back-up plus some I've dried and ground to a powder. just wouldn't like to be with it. so I hope yours soon picks up.

Comment

• Hope this is a picture!
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Oh, well done to number 2 son this is the one I started just before posting earlier today can't believe how much it's bubbling already. Sourdough here I come thanks for the encouragement Bren

Comment

• Thought I'd show you my old starter
                          Give me a week or so and hopefully I'll be taking photos of a loaf

Attached Files
                          Last edited by Bren In Pots; 19-05-2015, 07:00 PM. Reason: rotating photo

Comment

• Bren, is this the right thread to revive?

Comment

• Yep it’s the right thread pity we’ve lost all the photos.

Comment

• Thanks. Be prepared for a barrage of questions... I've got two books and they say very, very different things. I shall ponder and get back to you.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X