Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, having washed out Herman's container, I walk into the suspect's home - they're out - so I leave the empty container in the hall. Return this afternoon to accuse them - and they know all about Herman - they have one of their own from their workplace- but he's not adult enough to spawn offspring. They protest their innocence and have an alibi.
    So we both go off and waylay another possible suspect - he admits his wife has a Herman but she got it from her daughter and its not old enough either. Ten minutes later, Suspect no 2 returns - he thinks he knows who is responsible - but they're out too.
    So there are at least 3, if not 4, Herman's frothing away in this little village - and they've come from different sources.
    Be warned, everyone, Herman will be arriving on your doorstep too.... very soon

Comment

• Where is Miss Marple when you need her?
      Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

• The Guilty party has been found - and I've had a slice of Plum and Apple Herman!! Its his 3rd cake so far, recipes being adjusted each time. As he said, its getting difficult to find someone to dump the surplus on, some has gone to Leicestershire and some exchanged hands on the Severn Bridge! Its heading your way, Jeanie

Comment

• Quick - pull up the drawbridges and stand by the barricades!!!

Herman is on the march!
          Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

• I meant to write on here ages ago (if you comp would have let me, that is) I went to a talk about making a sourdough starter, and not only did the people running the talk have some super delicious bread for all of us to try, but they recommended this book: Bread Matters: Why and How to Make Your Own: Amazon.co.uk: Andrew Whitley: Books.
            I dont have it, but its on my wish list.

Comment

• Originally posted by northepaul View Post
              I meant to write on here ages ago (if you comp would have let me, that is) I went to a talk about making a sourdough starter, and not only did the people running the talk have some super delicious bread for all of us to try, but they recommended this book: Bread Matters: Why and How to Make Your Own: Amazon.co.uk: Andrew Whitley: Books.
              I dont have it, but its on my wish list.

Thea I read somewhere that if you only buy one bread book that's the one to have.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
                I travelled down from Newcastle on the train with a young lady carrying her Herman in a pot! That is when I discovered he was doing his rounds again - the last time I came across him was in the 70s.
                I also remember the Herman cakes from the 70's and was even offered some the other month but managed to get away with not bringing it home.

Comment

• To feed, or not to feed, Herman, that is the question? Today he's hungry for his first meal......or shall I leave him to starve?

Comment

• Oh VC - will you be able to sleep knowing that he is bubbling slower and slower in the fridge as you snore on?
                    Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

• Yes, Feral, I can snore through anything! Actually, I did forget to feed him yesterday - Ooops. Maybe today he can have a snack!

Comment

• An interesting article on the BBC about sourdough and how its becoming popular :-

BBC Food - Could 100-year-old sourdough be a myth?

Comment

• Ooops, my starter died in the fridge (along with a lot of other stuff) so have started again. Let's see how long this one lasts!
                          Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

• Herman, the Friendship cake starter, has taken up residence in the compost bin! I couldn't stand the smell and had so much more to think about than Herman and his needs.

Comment

• Sounds a fitting place for a Herman

Comment

• I've just visited his resting place! Half expected to see a great burbling lump of cake mix, but all that remains is a slime of sludge.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X