No announcement yet.

Mastering eclairs

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't made choux pastry in years, and my eclairs certainly didn't look as good as Bren's.

I do remember thinking the choux pastry looked lovely, so I licked the raw pastry off the wooden spoon....eeeyuck! Absolutely goppin'. Makes you wonder how it can taste so good after cooking!

Jules
    Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
      Is that what they call a Gateau st honor or similar?
      Non! ma cherrie, cest sa Le Croquembouche!, nom de chein! (Rover), Gateau St Honore is a short or puff pastry base with a layer of choux paste piped round the edge, a bit like a paddling pool, it is baked and when cool, cream filled profiteroles dipped in light caramel (boiling sugar!) attached to the rim then the base filled with St Honore cream ( about 1lb pastry cream still boiling poured onto 3 eggwhites whisked until stiff, mix well), I have seen this Gateau made with 3 flavours of creme st hon, vanille, chocolat and strawsberry, the posher version of a posh custard pie yes?
      Eat well, live well, drink moderately and be happy (hic!)

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
        A few years ago we were on hols in Sorento, Italy- and they had really unusual profiteroles.
        The cream was very lemmony and instead of the chocolate topping- it was a sort of lemon icing.

Absolutely yummy yum..and certainly quite refeshing.
        I'd love to eat them again...utterly fantastic! ( says she a profiterole addict!)
        This sounded interesting so I made some lemon curd and blended it with the whipped cream filling. Sprinkled seived icing sugar on the top and voila a lemony cream puff.

Comment

Originally posted by binley100 View Post
          I remember many years ago going to a christening in France. The cake was a mahoosive mountain of profiteroles, filled with cream and caramel strands all down the outside. Never been brave enough to attempt to make one.
          At that unmentionable time of year its nice to have them stuffed with a mixture of mincemeat, brandy and double cream.........nomnom
          I'm sorry but you should be locked up for suggesting such a .....yummy, sticky, creamy, gorgeous sort of thing!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
            A few years ago we were on hols in Sorento, Italy- and they had really unusual profiteroles.
            The cream was very lemmony and instead of the chocolate topping- it was a sort of lemon icing.

Absolutely yummy yum..and certainly quite refeshing.
            I'd love to eat them again...utterly fantastic! ( says she a profiterole addict!)
            You too you rascal!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X