• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Courgette Bread Loaf

1lb Courgettes, coursely grated
    1 1/4lb Plain flour
    2 Teaspoons yeast
    4 Tablespoons fresh parmesan cheese grated( I used cheddar )
    Black pepper to taste
    2 Tablespoons olive oil
    Milk
    Sesame seeds

1. Grate the courgettes and set aside in a colander for 30 mins. Pat dry
    2. Mix flour, yeast, parmesan cheese and pepper
    3. Add the courgettes and oil. Mix together and add enough lukewarm water to make a firm dough.
    4. Knead on a floured board until smooth. Put it back in the mixing bowl, cover, and allow to rise in a warm place until the size has doubled
    5. remove dough and knead lightly. Then place it in a greased loaf tin. Brush the top with milk and sprinkle with the sesame seeds. Allow to rise again.
    6. Bake in a preheated oven at 400f ( 200c ) gas mark 6. for 25 mins or until brown and down. ( tap the bottom if its hollow its done )
    Enjoy

Make sure you get as much water out of the courgettes as you can - makes a sticky dough if you dont.
    Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
    and ends with backache

Thanks for posting this Jackie
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Sounds just what I've been looking for! Thanks.

Comment

MMM nice! My bread machine has broken under the strain this week (only used it for dough really) so need some quick tasty bread recipes. Thanks jackie, gonns go see how many courgettes we have!
        http://newshoots.weebly.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/New-S...785438?fref=ts

Comment

I have just had some for lunch, its very nice but a bit like scone's I dont know if thats cos the courgettes were too wet, undercooked or if it should be like this, course its not like shop bread, delish anyway, daughter tried a bit of the roll last night and said urgh its horrible, she moans everytime I sneak courgette in anything.
          Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
          and ends with backache

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X