Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pak choi glut!

Hi all

I have a big carrier bag full of pak choi from the allotment. I have a couple of recipes but am looking for more so that we're not eating pakchoi in the same things for the next week! Does anyone have any recipes for pak choi and/or ways it can be stored. Can it be eaten raw like a salad leaf?

Thanks

I had a recent pak choi glut too. The nicest way I found to eat them was fried with garlic and chilli then adding soy sauce and fish sauce. Try to give some away too, as they won't last long before trying to flower unfortunately!

Comment

The young leaves can be eaten as salad leaves, yes - I don't really see why the larger ones can't if you take the stalk out of it? I've BBQ'd it before, that was really nice

Comment

If they have started to flower are they still OK to eat? I've already eaten some but took the flowering stalk off.

Comment

Originally posted by danniiangel View Post
          If they have started to flower are they still OK to eat? I've already eaten some but took the flowering stalk off.
          Yes, you can eat flower stalks as well and they have more taste in stirfry.

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X