HELP!!!....fermented fruit jam??????

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hilary B View Post
    well boiled, should be fine (as others have said). If you have a pot with a closeish fitting lid, you could ferment in that with a reasonable chance of success (not a metal pot), or if it does go vinegarry, it could make a wonderful basis for a salad dressing!
    Why not a metal pot? I often do the first ferment in my stainless steel stock pot due to a lack of fermenting buckets for stuff that needs straining after the first few days.
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
      Why not a metal pot? I often do the first ferment in my stainless steel stock pot due to a lack of fermenting buckets for stuff that needs straining after the first few days.

fine for a few days, but not for the whole time (in absence of demijohn) which is what I was talking about.
      Even for a brief period, I wouldn't use any metal container other than stainless steel.....
      Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

So my stock pot is okay to use - phew! I know I haven't poisoned anyone yet but was worried there for a wee while
        Happy Gardening,
        Shirley

Comment

Originally posted by HayleyB View Post
          Sounds yummy wine tasting jam, absolutely divine

Ha! light weights!!, I am Not an Allcy, still in training, I like to add a little brandy to my jams and whisky to the marmalade, makes breakfast bearable, as for fermenting juice, well stop it with campden tablets/sodium metabisulphate for wine making, or as has been said boil it.
          Eat well, live well, drink moderately and be happy (hic!)

Comment

Originally posted by ohbeary View Post
            as for fermenting juice, well stop it with campden tablets/sodium metabisulphate for wine making, or as has been said boil it.

yup..but these are high on allergy sensitivities....bad news to loads of peeps!!!
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X