Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicos
    replied
    Out of interest- if it's not OK for wine- can I ferment the wine in something else???
    (...I know it's important to keep out the dreaded fruit fly)...ha ...I wonder what blackberry vinegar tastes like?????
    Last edited by Nicos; 27-07-2009, 10:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    OK...big breath in...I'm doing half a batch and seeing what it does!!!!...fingers crossed peeps!!!!

( *kicks herself for leaving about 12 demijohns in UK attic!!!*)
    Last edited by Nicos; 27-07-2009, 10:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Flummery
    replied
    I'd just boil up the fruit. It will kill the yeast. Then taste it. If it tastes ok - make jam!

Leave a comment:

• Polly Fouracre
    replied
    I'm very sorry to tell you to get the tissues out and pour it down the sink. You could add a suitable wine yeast and sugar and you may get a drinkable wine but I would be inclined to sigh, shrug and tell myself that this is a really good year for blackberries and in a few weeks time you can start again.
    Someone else may suggest an alternative though!

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    started a topic HELP!!!....fermented fruit jam??????

HELP!!!....fermented fruit jam??????

Hmm..yup just wondering quite what to do!!!

I've defrosted 15lbs of last years blackberries and squeezed out the juice on Saturday. Thought I'd have time to make the jam yesterday - but we went out for lunch....and arrived home at bedtime!!!

So - this morning- all is ready to make the bramble jelly- until I looked at the bowl of juice ( about 7 pints)....it's fermenting and frothy on the top!!!

OK- so I'm just wondering If I remove the frothy top- do you think I can still make 'jam' with the rest..(.it was hours and hours of work to extract the juice - and I'd weep if I had to chuck it)
    I know it will taste different- but the liquor tastes lovely.
    ...will the fermentation create storage problems- or will the fast boil sort that out????

(Nope- not got demijohns here to make it into wine- cos that's clearly what it wants to do!!)

Any advice peeps?????

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X