Home grown Xmas ingredients?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home grown Xmas ingredients?

I was wondering what people have grown for Xmas this year?

For the main day we have parsnips, carrots, spuds and also sage for the stuffing. Lettuce if we have a starter.
    I’ve got various pickles too for Boxing Day - all made mostly from homegrown fruit and veg

(OH is going to smoke some salmon and bacon too , but we didn’t grow those and attempt at making blinis for the first time)

What have you all got planned?
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

I've been curing a rolled shoulder of pork for about 16 days now in homemade cider if that counts!
    "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
    - Henry Beard

Comment

Just the usual parsnips, carrots, kale, herbs and lettuce.
      Lots of jars of pickles and jams, then fruit in the freezer.
      Baking I’ve made a couple of carrot cakes.
      Potatoes failed
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

I think if all I had to put on the plate was sprouts, Mr Snoop would be happy. Great piles of brassicas, including sprouts, and figs in the freezer to go with duck. Lettuce for a blue cheese and walnut salad would be possible, but I think we'll forgo a starter. I'm eating a lot less these days, not that my waistline or scales have noticed!

Comment

I still have plenty of Rooster potatoes. They make excellent roast potatoes.
          I also have carrots, and I usually forgo parsnips in favour of squash (also homegrown).

I have raspberries in the freezer, too, which will go into the homemade trifle.

With luck, I should also have some chicory for a Christmas salad. I put the roots in the understairs cupboard yesterday, so hopefully they'll have sprouted enough by Christmas.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X