I'm torn between :-
    • a good Crumble & Custard
    • Apple( or fruit) Pie & Custard
    • or my version of sussex pond pudding with Cream
    • Home made Rice pudding
    What's yours?
    ntg
    Never be afraid to try something new.
    Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
    A large group of professionals built the Titanic
    ==================================================

Nick mine would be homemade rice pudding complete with my share of that lovely skin.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
      Nick mine would be homemade rice pudding complete with my share of that lovely skin.
      it has been know for me to make about a pint of rice pud and me and my daughter split it between us. A huge bowl at dinner and the rest cold for tea. with Nutmeg on the top of course.
      ntg

Comment

Apples home cooked any way really, crumble, pie, tart, baked, stewed, in a sponge, mixed with other fruit, whatever, and served with custard or plain yoghurt, or cream.

I love a good H/M rice pudding too, or sago.

Just don't give me any shop bought rubbish.
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

I am not really a pudding lover, but I will make an exception for really fresh profiteroles filled with whipped fresh cream and warm chocolate sauce.........not the soggy excuses that you mostly get in restaurants though and, on the rare occasions I make them, I want a proper Yorkshire sized portion.

Comment

Syrup pudding with sultanas and covered in custard.
            Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs! https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif
            Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result
            https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ilies/wink.gif
            Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif

Comment

Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
              I am not really a pudding lover ...
              Wash you mouth out ... I was asked what I wanted to do for my 50th birthday and I suggested a trip to the pudding club at Mickleton but only my daughter was up for it ... So I called them all miserable ***********s and me and my daughter went out for a meal

I enjoy a good pud ... I agree about the Yorkshire portions though
              ntg

Comment

Originally posted by peanut View Post
                Syrup pudding with sultanas and covered in custard.
                ooo good call peanut
                ntg

Comment

Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                  ... I love a good H/M rice pudding too, or sago...
                  not had Sago (or Tapioca ... or semolina) for years ...off to look in the cupboard
                  ntg

Comment

Originally posted by nick the grief View Post

not had Sago (or Tapioca ... or semolina) for years ...off to look in the cupboard
                    Although I'm not a pudding lover my hubby is. His favourites are trifle and lemon meringue pie. However one day he fancied sago pudding. I went in search of sago to all the local supermarkets..... none anywhere. A few weeks later I'd called on at a big Asian supermarket in Dewsbury to buy some spices and there on the shelf ...sago, all different sizes.

Comment

Oh gosh….too many to mention!
                      I do tend to go for vanilla custardy and fruit combinations but not too sweet.
                      Having said that I could eat Xmas pud and custard until I exploded!

Chocolate desserts always come as second choice to fruit based desserts.
                      Not too keen on meringue.

Interestingly NTG suggests that 1pt of rice pudding is good for 2 large, indulgent portions and 2 smaller ones…well….​​​​​​….I used to routinely make a pint sized one as standard for a dessert for 2 of us

My granny used to make steamed apple sponge pudding and thick custard and I guess that’s my comfort pud of choice.

Pudding club?…..That would be an absolute dream event for me!
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by nick the grief View Post

it has been know for me to make about a pint of rice pud and me and my daughter split it between us. A huge bowl at dinner and the rest cold for tea. with Nutmeg on the top of course.
                        Nutmeg grated on top for me as well, I have to be careful when the nut gets smaller its easy to drop it in the milk/rice.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                          ... Pudding club?…..That would be an absolute dream event for me!

I have their cook book Nicos my aim is to work my way through it one year
                          ntg

Comment

Pudding club...? Recipe book...? I should not have opened this thread.

I think my favourite pud of all the ones I've made has to be lemon roulade. I love lemon anything. Lemon tart is another favourite.

I love rice pud, also with nutmeg, but hate the skin. I know, you'll all think me a heretic. But it's a mouth-feel thing for me.

The puds I make most often are egg custards without pastry (cooked in a pressure cooker, a bit like creme caramel without the caramel), also with nutmeg and a bit of vanilla sugar. Great way to use up eggs, by the way, Nicos.

Mr Snoop's favourite without question is cheesecake.

Comment

This is the one I have, they also did a Summer one but I never took to thatone as I associate Puddings with something that sits in your stomach like a bull mastiff

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_84170.jpg Views:	5 Size:	39.5 KB ID:	2535336
                              Snoop Puss - you'd like the Sussex pond pudding ... its a suet pud in a basin but the filling is a lemon with sugar and Butter and steamed for about 2 hours ... I tend to slice the lemon and layer the butter and use a demarera sugar it makes a rich buttery lemon sauce and the lemon goes gooey and is perfect with the suet pastry and a dollop of creme freche
                              Last edited by nick the grief; 23-10-2021, 10:39 AM.
                              ntg

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X