Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veggie curry with rice, sourdough naans, Indian apple chutney and a yoghurt dip.
    Kale, chard, carrots then parsnips, peas, beans and toms from the freezer.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I've got boneless, skinless chicken thighs out of the freezer. I think I'll cut them into strips, flour, egg and breadcrumb them and call them chicken goujons. We'll have roast vegetables and couscous with them.

Comment

• Goulash for us with riced cauliflower.
        Followed by more rhubarb crumble and custard.
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Imam bayildi tonight.

Still haven't made the cake. The longer it doesn't get made, the longer it doesn't get eaten...

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
            Imam bayildi tonight.

Still haven't made the cake. The longer it doesn't get made, the longer it doesn't get eaten...
            ..........the longer it doesn't get enjoyed.

I had to google imam bayildi. ... I need my aubergines to grow!

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

..........the longer it doesn't get enjoyed.
              Very true! I make the lemon version of this one with sunflower oil, not olive oil, as it's not quite as heavy. And I also add a bit of amazing glacé lemon peel I've found here. If I was told I could only ever eat one cake in the world, it would be this one.

https://racheleats.wordpress.com/201...ing-and-a-pot/

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

Very true! I make the lemon version of this one with sunflower oil, not olive oil, as it's not quite as heavy. And I also add a bit of amazing glacé lemon peel I've found here. If I was told I could only ever eat one cake in the world, it would be this one.

https://racheleats.wordpress.com/201...ing-and-a-pot/
                I now "need" a ring baking tin.

Comment

• I guess it would work in an ordinary cake tin, but it does look a bit special in a savarin tin. If you haven't got one, I'd say yes, you definitely 'need' one.

Mr Snoop was wondering this morning where we're going to put my collection of bakeware. I'm a disgrace. Mini bundts anyone...?

Comment

• The chicken gougons are evidently now an official "favourite". I only really tried them as last week's breaded pork escalope was really tough, but I know Mr GF likes food pan fried in breadcrumbs.

Not only gorgeous but also ultra cheap.

Snoop, my husband would never argue about space for pots and pans these days but in our younger days, particularly when living aboard a boat, with very limited space, these were really serious differences of opinion.

Comment

• Sourdough flatbread wraps with mixed leaf salad, bacon, onion and horseradish.
                      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• I fancy a jam sponge pudding this evening so I'm making a carrot, bean soup and turmeric to have before
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Sea bream, potato scallops, carrots, broccoli and homemade tartare sauce tonight I think.

Comment

• We ended up having veggie burgers, salad, courgette fritters and homemade blue cheese dressing last night.

Imam bayildi today. And walnut and apricot cookies for gifts

Too grey and cloudy for the solar panels again. I've been holding out, but I'm just going to insist on the generator going on. There shall be cake today and bread too.

Edit: change of nearly all plans.

Found some onions looking sorry for themselves, so supper will be Alsace onion tart. Made extra pastry for the freezer.
                            Cookies are made but a bit disappointing. So we'll have those and I'll make some mini rondos for gifts. Bread is still on. Cake is off seeing as the mini rondos are on. Oh, and seed crackers for dog treats. No idea why I bother to plan...
                            Last edited by Snoop Puss; 22-03-2022, 02:31 PM.

Comment

• Pork chops with cauliflower cheese.
                              Fresh oranges for pud.
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Lentil and veg Madras last night, with poppadoms and mixed leaf salad.
                                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X