This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
    Do neeps (predictive text hated that word) grow where you are Nicos?
    Yes they do - and we have grown them in the past but they got flea beetle.
    The French seem to shy away from parsnips and beets as they historically have been thought of as winter cattle fodder.
    More sweet varieties are available in recent years and you certainly see more parsnips now in the shops, Turnips occasionally and swedes very rarely.
    Last edited by Nicos; 25-01-2022, 11:17 AM.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Blackberry and apple jam sponge pudding with custard for dinner

Lunch will be veggie lasagne, what was to be dinner but I fancied a pudding.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Something with Mozzarella, Tomato and olives - either a pizza or omelette
        "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
        - Henry Beard

Comment

• The breadmaker is clanking away quietly and I think I'm going to make some of the carrot, ginger and thyme soup again I made last week to go with it.

Nicos I remember once telling a Frenchman I was making mashed swede and his face was a picture. "Cattle food, we had to eat it in the war" was his comment.

Comment

• We saved back some haggis so will make courgette spaghetti with some sort of sauce
            Clementine for pud

Comment

• In theory, chicken stir-fry with sweet bean sauce and a ton of veg. But I've just had lunch (a plateful of raw veg and some ham and cheese) that I'm so full I can't imagine wanting supper. I can see Mr Snoop having spag bol for one.

Comment

• Lentil and mixed veg curry last night.
                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Cheesy hotdog wraps, with roasted toms, green beans (both from the freezer) potatoes and salad.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Pork loin medallions, celeriac mash with horseradish, leeks cooked in cider, beetroot and parsnip roasted with garlic.
                    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Tonight I made pasta bake for us, for the freezer and some to give away. Served with garlic bread.

Comment

• ~Tuna steak, Stir-fry Veg and noodles
                        "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                        - Henry Beard

Comment

• The rest of the dry fried veggies with poached eggs.

Comment

• I'm just going to set the slow cooker off with braising steak, onion, carrots and celery. I think we'll have it with mashed potato and swede and broccoli.

Comment

• Leftover roast chicken and steamed veg. Not terribly exciting, I guess, but we'll be hungry so it's bound to taste delicious. Diet is going relatively well...

Comment

• Floddy last night, topped with mushrooms, sausage, black kale and peas.
                                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X