Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celery, mushrooms and garlic last night with soft boiled eggs, beetroot and horseradish.
    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• This evening our usual Saturday evening tagliatelle, bol, pesto, parmesan and garlic bread.

Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
      Tonight will be braising steak cooked in the slow cooker with onion, celery, carrots and mushrooms served with mashed potato and swede, beetroot and broccoli. I can already smell it.
      I've had a slow cooker for years and after a few failures i only use it now for mushy peas. I've got braising steak for tomorrow so any tips and timings would be much appreciated. thanks
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
        This evening our usual Saturday evening tagliatelle, bol, pesto, parmesan and garlic bread.

I've had a slow cooker for years and after a few failures i only use it now for mushy peas. I've got braising steak for tomorrow so any tips and timings would be much appreciated. thanks
        I can use the internal dish from my slow cooker on the ring so I always brown the meat, onions, etc first then add liquid and root veg and bring to the boil. I then put it into the cooker and cook for four or five hours on high without opening the lid (or longer and lower if I'm going out). I always add an inch of extra liquid to allow for evaporation. Touch wood I've never had a problem with it and it wasn't an expensive one.

Today is going to be chicken curry (in the slow cooker) and naan.
        Last edited by greenishfing; 15-01-2022, 10:05 AM.

Comment

• Thanks greenishfing I'll let you know how I get on.

Comment

• The thoran didn't happen. Mr Snoop was out very late so we had a speedy (and carby) stir-fried rice instead. It'll have to wait till next week now.

Tonight, spaghetti with a pea and ham sauce.

Also bread plus cauliflower and carrot and coriander soup for the freezer.

Edited: change in soup flavour!
            Last edited by Snoop Puss; 15-01-2022, 12:35 PM.

Comment

• I made Snoop’s sprout thoran tonight!

I followed the recipe carefully but it was looking a bit dry so instead of the desiccated coconut I used a carton of coconut milk…and added a banana as an extra.
              I’ll certainly be making it again - thanksSnoop.

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Chicken in Hoisin sauce, stir fried veg and noodles last night.
                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Spicy Spatchcock chicken with roasted sesame cauli and carrots.

Clementines for pud

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

I can use the internal dish from my slow cooker on the ring so I always brown the meat, onions, etc first then add liquid and root veg and bring to the boil. I then put it into the cooker and cook for four or five hours on high without opening the lid (or longer and lower if I'm going out). I always add an inch of extra liquid to allow for evaporation. Touch wood I've never had a problem with it and it wasn't an expensive one.
                    Braising steak, onions, garlic, celery, carrots, mushrooms, paprika, thyme and bay leaves are all in the slow cooker on medium.
                    Thanks for your help greenishfing.

Comment

Braising steak, onions, garlic, celery, carrots, mushrooms, paprika, thyme and bay leaves are all in the slow cooker on medium.
                      I hope it works!

I think I'm going to make pasta bake tonight with garlic bread and salad. Extra for the freezer and to give away.

Comment

• What a disaster yesterday was. Forgot, I imagine, to put the yeast in the dough, so made flatbreads instead. Probably yummier than the soft rolls I had planned, to be honest. Also, had a very late lunch so not hungry enough for pasta for supper. So today:

Fettucine with pea and ham sauce.

Also, barberi bread for the freezer (for anyone interested, the King Arthur recipe but made with sourdough poolish, not yeast; I usually make it with yeast and it's one of our favourites) and butternut squash soup for lunch and the freezer. Also, a re-run on the bread rolls. I definitely put the yeast in this time...

Glad you liked the thoran, Nicos.

Comment

• Seared Wood pigeon breast, celeriac and horseradish mash, parsnip chips roasted with garlic, beetroot and cabbage.
                          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

I hope it works!
                            Greenishfing it was perfect, thanks.
                            Looking at my slow cooker it has low, high and auto not medium like I said earlier. Auto cooks on high for 2 hours then goes to low until you switch it of.
                            I’ve had it for 10 years before that a friend owned it for around 15 years. So it’s rather old.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Bones View Post
                              Seared Wood pigeon breast, celeriac and horseradish mash, parsnip chips roasted with garlic, beetroot and cabbage.
                              Sounds delicious!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post

Sounds delicious!
                                It really was, just a hint of truffle oil sprinkled over the pigeon really brought out the winter flavours
                                Last edited by Mr Bones; 17-01-2022, 08:44 AM. Reason: Brought not bought..
                                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X