Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I never got the chocolate mousse yesterday. I somehow burnt the chocolate in the microwave while melting it.....I forgot it until I suddenly smelled it! Burning chocolate is not a pleasant aroma. It was of course the last of the chocolate.

Today I think will be either pan fried sea bass or sea bream, potato scallops, carrots, peas and homemade tartare sauce.

If I get more chocolate while I am out I might have another go at the chocolate mousse as I am feeling deprived after yesterday's fiasco.

Comment

• Veggie burgers and salad with blue cheese dressing.

Also, rabbit pie filling in readiness for Pi Day.

Bread... Cake... No idea but one or the other. It's sunny today so good to take advantage of it. Yesterday's lemon cake was the best yet.

Comment

• Starting with oysters and lemon juice.
        Steak with a creamy mushroom pasta and a side salad.
        Either fresh oranges or pears for pud
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
          Veggie burgers and salad with blue cheese dressing.

Also, rabbit pie filling in readiness for Pi Day.

Bread... Cake... No idea but one or the other. It's sunny today so good to take advantage of it. Yesterday's lemon cake was the best yet.
          Ohhh!!! Rabbit pie. I am jealous.

I have just made double portions of chocolate mousse though which is now chilling in the fridge. I'm going to whip up some brandy cream next to go over the top.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

Ohhh!!! Rabbit pie. I am jealous.

I have just made double portions of chocolate mousse though which is now chilling in the fridge. I'm going to whip up some brandy cream next to go over the top.
            Mine, will of course, not look anything like the picture but here's the recipe. Mr Snoop would swap you the mousse for the pie... rabbit isn't his favourite meat.
            https://books.google.es/books?id=WFn...%20pie&f=false

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

Mine, will of course, not look anything like the picture but here's the recipe. Mr Snoop would swap you the mousse for the pie... rabbit isn't his favourite meat.
              https://books.google.es/books?id=WFn...%20pie&f=false
              The only problem here is getting hold of fresh rabbits. When my uncle was young he would turn up with them from time to time. Last ones I saw for sale around here were from China (frozen). During WW2 my husband, then a boy/teenager used to breed them for meat and sell them for sixpence each. His father though had to be the one to kill and skin them.
              Taste is more important than looks.
              Last edited by greenishfing; 13-03-2022, 03:09 PM.

Comment

• Today pasta, courgettes, mushrooms and blue cheese.

Tomorrow I'm making a corned beef pie for Pi day.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Veggie risotto last night. Plan to make chicken and leek pie for tonight.
                  Re rabbits, haven't had one for a while but I always preferred the taste of wild rabbit (depending on what it'd been eating).
                  Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Bit of a change of plan. Like Nicos, we'd planned to go back to being a bit stricter over food. So rather than one big pie, which will encourage us to want seconds, I'm going to make individual pies. Extra filling to go in the freezer. Photos to follow in due course.

Rabbit is a popular meat here, but surprisingly expensive in comparison with other types of meat. I can see more people locally starting to keep their own again.

Comment

• Steak and roast cauliflower followed by apple and blueberry pie - for Pie Day !

Click image for larger version

Name:	50C8ACCB-B962-4EE4-BF48-2FA2745BB202.jpeg
Views:	108
Size:	164.6 KB
ID:	2542802
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I was going to make a meat and potato pie today, for pi day, but Mr GF has put in a request for his favourite, prawn risotto. How he knows that he hasn't had it for a WHOLE WEEK, when he often can't remember what he did yesterday is beyond me, but he actually is right, I've just checked on here.

So tonight prawn, mushroom, broccoli and pea risotto. Chocolate mousse to follow. The double portion was too much even for me, I might add.

Pie later in the week.

I really like the look of that blueberry and apple pie bu the way. Feed some down the internet please. (That'll be the day)
                        Last edited by greenishfing; 14-03-2022, 11:52 AM.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Pi-Divided.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	376.7 KB
ID:	2542829 Click image for larger version

Name:	Pi-Whole.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	2542830 Chicken and leek (incl celery, red pepper and parsley sauce) top-crust pie - for Pi Day. Pastry mix had half a teaspoon of mustard powder.
                          Served with wilted field bean tops.
                          Last edited by Mr Bones; 14-03-2022, 06:32 PM. Reason: Re-load photos so they're the right way round.
                          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Corned beef pie that we had with mushy peas and onion gravy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	743126FA-F100-4700-9164-80E12349276A.jpeg
Views:	117
Size:	548.6 KB
ID:	2542833 Click image for larger version

Name:	697BEAA1-122A-4A38-B60E-AD5449947E3A.jpeg
Views:	107
Size:	621.5 KB
ID:	2542834
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Beautiful pie, Bren. Nice decoration, Mr Bones. Here are my efforts. Rabbit, leek, pancetta and mustard. Shop bought butter puff pastry. Would probably be better with flaky or rough puff. Anyway, for the second pie of my life, I'm very pleased. Photos by Mr Snoop.

Attached Files

Comment

• All I can say is......I want pie!! They all look so good.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X