Kohl rabi recipes?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kohl rabi recipes?

Does anyone have any tried and tested recipes for using up kohl rabi?

I tried a KR and apple soup, but I’m not that keen on it. 2 dozen ready to harvest, so I definitely have scope to try a few different ideas!

All suggestions gratefully received

Along side meat with spuds and greens.
    They are like the sweet core of cauliflower.
    It freezes well.
    It is the only produce I have been able to produce without a complaint about there being too much.
    Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

I like them steamed or lightly boiled, then tossed in a bit of butter. Lovely vegetable.
      Location:- Rugby, Warwckshire on Limy clay (within sight of the Cement factory)

Comment

I’ve used it in a coleslaw and gratin but that’s about it.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Try a soup with pears instead of apples. I make a cauliflower, pear and blue cheese soup that is absolutely gorgeous, despite sounding a bit weird (maybe). Here's an example:
          https://www.waitrose.com/content/wai...heesesoup.html

Comment

Late to the thread, but here goes;

Mrs FYTB wen on a vegan cooking course and used thinly sliced KR to make ravioli, she said it was very nice

Comment

Whatever you do don't add it to broth along with parsnips................unless you like sugar in your broth!
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by FromYorkshiretoBucks View Post
                Late to the thread, but here goes;

Mrs FYTB wen on a vegan cooking course and used thinly sliced KR to make ravioli, she said it was very nice
                I’ve been meaning to have a go at home made pasta, and picked up some pasta flour at the supermarket last week. Just need to get some more kohl rabi sown!

Comment

Originally posted by Chestnut View Post

I’ve been meaning to have a go at home made pasta, and picked up some pasta flour at the supermarket last week. Just need to get some more kohl rabi sown!
                  I love homemade pasta, but the trick with this was the Kohl Rabi was the pasta! I wasn't on the course with her (spent the day casually wandering around the lanes surrounding Axminster instead), but she said it was nice

Comment

I roasted some along with newly harvested potatoes, delicious

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X