X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicos
    replied
    Either the male flowers or batons of courgette dipped in Tempura batter.
    Wonderful.

When I started having low carb food I sliced the courgette in place of lasagna strips .

Also - Long thin strips on the bbq with salt and lemon juice. Big dollops of yogurt on top to serve.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    I like the sound of those Gordon. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Gordon the gardener
    replied
    Grate one medium spud into a bowl, squeeze out the water, repeat with an onion and a courgette or two. Chuck in some gram flour and season with what you like and mix it all up, if it’s still very wet squeeze it out again. Form into fritters and fry in HOT oil. Very addictive.
    Last edited by Gordon the gardener; 29-01-2021, 12:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BeatriceCallan
    replied
    You can freeze them and then eat in winter. It's a good idea to make semimanufactures for soups or pure. I like BBQ but the oven ones are even better and healthier. Also, I think you can ask some of your neighbours, they could need it.

Leave a comment:

• B Porcupine
    replied
    I second chocolate cake (or muffins), lemon crunch cake (David Lebovitz), gnome cakes (River Cottage), (sandwich) bread, orange & rosemary zucchini bread (loaf cake), fritters (Deb Perelman), minestrone soup - lots on the interwebby (Try searching for zucchini, too). I also shred some, measured for specific recipes, and freeze - not as good as fresh, but does in a pinch!

You can PM me if you want a specific recipe I picked another 13 last night... Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Originally posted by peanut View Post
    There is a strange duplicate of this thread which won't disappear from my feed of newest threads. I wouldn't mind but I hate courgettes!
    It’s been flagged with admin so it should be sorted out soon.

Leave a comment:

• Right Shed Fred
    replied
    Thin strips of courgette (lengthways) made with a potato peeler or mandolin.
    Griddle them so they are lightly cooked and have those lovely sear stripes.
    Dunk in lemon juice while still warm.
    Layer in a clean jar, cover in olive oil.
    Stores in the fridge for a while - not sure how long, always gets gobbled up pretty quick here.

Eat on toasted sourdough, sprinkled with flaky salt.

Just amazing.
    Last edited by Right Shed Fred; 04-08-2020, 06:48 PM. Reason: Typo, clarity

Leave a comment:

• peanut
    replied
    There is a strange duplicate of this thread which won't disappear from my feed of newest threads. I wouldn't mind but I hate courgettes!

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Courgette Salad

Dressing is olive,oil white wine vinegar, wholegrain mustard and chopped mint.
    Grate or spiralize, carrots and courgettes
    thinly sliced onion
    and a tin of chick peas or beans.

nice as a side salad or in wraps.

Leave a comment:

• Chestnut
    replied
    OH is bemoaning the fact that all but one of our courgette plants died, as we can only have two of the belowIn any given week....
    add onion or garlic, creme fraiche and maybe a little bacon or walnut for pasta sauce
    courgette lemon cake, or courgette chocolate cake,
    courgette soup
    Courgette lemon chicke;cous cous for packed lunches
    freeze into ratatouille for winter
    vegetable lasagne (I batch freeze filling, then add pasta and bechemel over the winter months)

Leave a comment:

• Peteyd
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr Bones View Post
    Breaded courgette goujons are always a welcome change. Quarter the courgies lengthways and cut in half. Coat the pieces in flour, then beaten egg, then savoury breadcrumbs. (Breadcrumbs are seasoned with hot smoked paprika, salt, pepper, grated cheese and oregano).
    Bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes until crispy and golden.
    We have just started making these for our 12 month old son. When he's in a food mood, he loves them and when he's not in a food mood... the dog finds them rather delicious too! We just give the seasoning a little adjustment for him.
    Last edited by Peteyd; 03-08-2020, 05:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mrbadexample
    replied
    Courgettes are horrible things. They don't taste good and there's one ready every 5 minutes.

Viki made courgette and mushroom bread once which was nice enough.

The only way I've found to use them is to slice them quite thickly (5mm ish), dehydrate them then deep fry to make crisps. Sprinkle with rock salt and coarse-ground black pepper and they are very tasty indeed.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bones
    replied
    Breaded courgette goujons are always a welcome change. Quarter the courgies lengthways and cut in half. Coat the pieces in flour, then beaten egg, then savoury breadcrumbs. (Breadcrumbs are seasoned with hot smoked paprika, salt, pepper, grated cheese and oregano).
    Bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes until crispy and golden.

Leave a comment:

• Plot70
    replied
    I have been wondering what to do with gherkins after running out of jars.
    One plant hid a fruit behind a tomato plant and it reached about half the size of a shop bought marrow before I found out.

Leave a comment:

• MelanieSW
    replied
    Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
    My fave recipe is Braim, its basically slices of Tom, courgettes, onions and potatoes placed in a tray sprinkle parsley on top then drizzled with olive oil and bake for a hour-ish.
    I had never heard of that, sounds tasty! Found a recipe for Briam and think I will try that tonight

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X