• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chickpea and spinach curry
    "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
    - Henry Beard

Comment

• Pork fillet with spiced up lentils and caramelised onions.
      Rhubarb and jelly trifle for pud.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Prawn and courgette risotto and the last of the fresh sweetcorn as well. I've just picked some rocket and lollo rosso lettuce, a few more tomatoes and the last of the radishes so a small salad on the side too.

Comment

• Put a big pot of beef and mushroom stew on to bubble away during the day, i also threw a handful of frozen sprouts in for good measure
          - Henry Beard

Comment

• Too much rich food recently. So tonight, green soup. To counter that, a slice of Mr Snoop's birthday cake (a chocolate fudge cake, at least we didn't have cheesecake).

Comment

• Just eaten a big dish of carrot, tom and lentil soup so this evening we're having cheese on toast. There's pudding in the freezer if we fancy one.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Not sure about tonight yet, but last night we had a pasta bake using some roasted squash and onion I’d put in the freezer for soup making.
                Turned out delish, espesh with the savoury oat crumble and cheese topping.

Comment

• Fishfinger, tartar sauce, lettuce on a homemade cob with charlottes, courgette carrot salad, toms and homemade hummus.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Goats cheese, chilli and red onion tart with salad
                    - Henry Beard

Comment

• I think tonight will be tagliatelle bolognese (sauce I made last week back out of the freezer), garlic bread, salad and a good handful of parmesan with a bottle of wine.
                      Victoria sponge birthday cake to finish, filled with blackberry jelly and whipped cream (presuming of course I get round to making the cake).

Comment

• Veggie burgers and salad with rice.

Bread.

Comment

• Roast chicken thighs with spiced polenta and broccoli
                          Pomelo for pud

Comment

• We ended up having floured hake with steamed potatoes and home-grown broccoli and carrots yesterday. We both agreed the best thing on the plate was the broccoli. Just as well, as there was rather a lot of it...

Putting off the veggie burgers. They're from Lidl and positively weird in texture. Supper tonight will be asparagus risotto and salad.

Also, Mr Snoop has asked if I could make a cake for some friends in town. Their daughter wanted a piece of his birthday cake. So, another chocolate cake, plus some apricot and walnut muffins for other friends and for us. The Kenwood food mixer has more than earned its keep.

Comment

• Tonight is going to be sausages with lots of fried onion, mashed potatoes, carrots and runner beans with gravy.
                              More birthday cake leftover from yesterday.

Comment

• Quick and simple tonight…..

meatballs in spicy tomato sauce with pasta

Bananas for pud

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X