• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spicy Courgette Koftas this evening.

https://foodfrom4.com/2010/07/19/spi...rgette-koftas/
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• All this talk about pastry and pie has got me going. I've got lots of mushrooms and some boneless chicken thighs (but no steak and kidney) in the fridge so I'll settle for chicken and mushroom pie with a shortcrust pastry lid. Also new potatoes, carrots and french beans. I think I'll have enough Padron peppers ready to have a small dish of those as well. (No hot ones yet. I just know we're starting to get a bit too blasé about them!)

Comment

• Roast chicken with broccoli, cauliflower and pots and carrots roasted with the chicken. The caulis are Candid Charm, so quite small but perfectly formed. Unlike the broccoli, which should really have been eaten a while back.

Can't really justify a pud after that but maybe custards if I can get around to them.

Comment

• Lambs liver with tom and onion sauce, mashed spuds, cavolo nero and sweetcorn.
          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Mr Snoop went out yesterday evening and as I wasn't sure when he'd be back, we had the very last of the sweetcorn, aubergine fritters, baked toms and mixed salad. And delicious it was.

Looks like chicken will be for tomorrow.

Tonight: stuffed tomatoes, courgette fritters and salad.

Bread and two banana and honey loaves. I'm not a great banana fan. Mr Snoop bought some a while back and I have to think that he ignored them deliberately so they'd pretty well only be good for cake...

Comment

• Question of the day : Does courgette cake count as one of your 5-a-day?

Comment

• Originally posted by MelanieSW View Post
                Question of the day : Does courgette cake count as one of your 5-a-day?
                If your portion has 80 g of courgette in it, I don't see why not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

If your portion has 80 g of courgette in it, I don't see why not.
                  That's only a third of a cake, sounds doable

Comment

• We're back to prawn, pea and courgette risotto today. My husband has obviously got plans for it to be his favourite for a while yet as he bought 3 kilos of risotto rice while we were shopping earlier.

Comment

• We're having Briam this evening using my toms, charlottes, courgettes and parsley.

Looks like a fair few of us have courgettes on the menu today.

Comment

• Ham salad wraps followed by peaches and greek yogurt.
                        Last edited by Nicos; 27-08-2021, 07:13 AM.
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Chicken in a Chinese style sauce (miso paste, Chinese five spice and the scrapings from a jar of tomato and chilli chutney that's been in the cupboard long enough..), with stir-fried cuke (still my favourite way to have it), courgette, CFB's, carrot, onion, garlic, ginger and noodles.
                          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• This evening, charlottes, mixed lettuce, basil, radishes, toms, cucs, a courgettes carrot salad with mackerel.

Comment

• Will be playing tennis after work tonight so it will be a late one for me. Probably a bacon sandwich or something like that. I made a loaf last night so it will definitely have bread in some guise
                              "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                              - Henry Beard

Comment

• Tonight nibbles of Sungold tomatoes, cucumber batons, radishes, olives and feta.
                                Padron peppers.
                                Rocket salad.
                                Shepherd's pie topped with my potatoes and sliced tomatoes. (I'm sure some courgette will find it's way in this along with mushroom, carrot, celery, onion etc.)
                                I love this time of year when my shopping trolley looks less and less healthy by the week and my allotment gives me more and more goodies.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X