Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snoop do you have a recipe or link for Persian-style lamb's liver please.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Beef curry with chapati
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Veggie bake last night with cheddar and feta.
        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Quiche from the freezer and french beans.
          Fresh pineapple for pud

Comment

• A garden veg stir fry this evening along with a few mushrooms.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
              Snoop do you have a recipe or link for Persian-style lamb's liver please.
              The recipe is from Khazana by Saliha Mahmood Ahmed. Oh, I've just spotted on the cover she was the winner of Masterchef in 2017. I don't have a telly and didn't see it. The recipes are fantastic. Not too complicated but really tasty. Here's a link to the recipe in Google Books. She uses chicken livers but I used lamb's liver (can't get chicken livers locally), and I didn't make the garnishes. Really good. Can't think why I don't make it more often. Check out the quail with honey and cardamom recipe two further along. I make this with pieces of chicken breast with the bone still in. Gorgeous, but even better with quail.

https://books.google.es/books?id=Ax8...0liver&f=false

Comment

• Thanks Snoop I've had a look at the recipe and I have all the ingredients

Comment

• Now I've got the Khazana book out: onion and saffron roast chicken drumsticks and thighs. This is another really tasty dish. Plus courgette fritters and salad. Overdoing the meat a bit at the moment, but will go for a vegetarian week next week.

Also, a carrot cake for neighbours. And I'd better make a cake for us otherwise I won't hear the last of it from Mr Snoop.

Also yesterday, made barbari bread to have with supper instead of rice. A new one on me and really soft and flavoursome. Will make again. Might be of interest, Bren In Pots? https://www.unicornsinthekitchen.com...#comment-28444

Comment

• ^^^^ just making that!

Never really made bread before and I was going to surprise OH.
                    He actually came back an hour sooner than I was expecting and when I said it didn’t seem to be rising like in the video he explained it’s cos I’d worked it on a marble slab and had left it to rise on top of it too Blinking obvious really…so I’m leaving it to rise longer now and see how it works out.
                    I’m really a pastry person as you can tell by my use of a marble slab…ah well, the chooks might like it if it’s not fit for dunking in soup!
                    Last edited by Nicos; 30-07-2021, 12:46 PM.

Comment

• It comes out kind of focaccia height. Bet it'll be good. Really nice with the sesame seeds on top.

In the end, we're going for veggie burgers and salad. Been a busy cake-making day...

Comment

• Sausages, Charlotte oven chips and onion and tom gravy with courgettes and garlic dropped in.
                        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• We were really late back from the care home. I had washed all the salad stuff from the allotment when I brought it home and had garlic bread ready to go in the oven.so that it wouldn't take long to make a meal
                          Just as we were ready to sit down and eat my husband said, "I'm really not hungry".
                          I had made steak (fillet) in pepper sauce, garlic bread and salad. I was ready to strangle him but when he saw the meal his appetite miraculously came back and he definitely did justice to it (as did I).
                          He therefore lives to fight another day.
                          Last edited by greenishfing; 30-07-2021, 07:26 PM.

Comment

• Chill, Garlic and herb pasta
                            "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                            - Henry Beard

Comment

• Murgh mussalam and those courgette koftas you mentioned, Bren. Both Madhur Jaffrey recipes. Plus carrots in mustard seeds and Maharajah rice. Anybody who wants afters can have a yogurt. I guess I could lassi it. Now there's a thought.

No cake or bread today!

Comment

• homemade Steak and ale pie ( I need to hunt out my pattipan) with jacket spuds and chard.

Not very a very summery meal is it?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X