Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bacon sandwich for lunch, I reckon. I made a loaf yesterday that tastes fantastic (barley, wholemeal and a mixture of two white flours). Got rather a large bag of barley flour in a moment of madness, so a bit of a made-up recipe.

Supper: Going to try Meera Sodha's recipe for katsu curry with panko aubergines and courgettes. Except I don't have a sweet potato so am going to cheat and use a mixture of extra carrots and an ordinary potato.

Also, a carrot cake I think.

Going to be a big washing-up day today...

Comment

• I had rather a large lunch so this evening it will be just cheese on toast.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I am so....so...full. Tonight was tagliatelle bolognese (out of the freezer) with garlic bread and salad ( from the allotment). At this minute I can't believe I will ever manage to eat anything else again. I am just so full......

Comment

• My take on kedgeree tonight
          "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
          - Henry Beard

Comment

• * offers gf a choc ice

Main meal was a reheated spicy turkey, leek and spinach casserole with quinoa

Fresh bread and cheese later on.
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
              * offers gf a choc ice

Main meal was a reheated spicy turkey, leek and spinach casserole with quinoa

Fresh bread and cheese later on.
              Not even a choc ice. In fact there are 10 mini magnums that I bought a few days ago in one of the freezers.

Comment

• Yesterday Beetroot and ginger smoothie for lunch again.
                Then later a one pan dish of courgettes, onion, toms, dfb's, garlic and peppers - coleslaw on the side plus cucumber bites filled variously with cream cheese, pesto and anchovies.
                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Steak, Charlottes, peas, kale and the first of the seasons runner beans.

Comment

• Roasted chicken thighs and jacket spuds with own french beans

Melon for pud
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Didn't have the katsu curry. Mr Snoop fancied baked fish and veg instead. Carrot cake for pud. I'm not owning up to how many slices...

Leftover chicken in sweet pepper sauce to finish today. With courgette koftas and the panko aubergines. Poppadums and maybe a small tomato salad for nibbles. Naan?

Plus another loaf using the barley and assorted other flours. Makes fantastic toast.
                      Last edited by Snoop Puss; 28-07-2021, 09:47 AM.

Comment

• I've been to see the fishman this morning and topped up on salmon, cod and smoked cod. Therefore fish for our meal tonight....salmon, I think, baked with capers and lemon, new potatoes, carrots and french beans with homemade tartare sauce.

Comment

• Black pudding and caramalised onions on sourdough cobs yesterday - with coleslaw on the side and cucumber bites filled with cottage cheese.
                          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Tuna steaks, charlottes and salad.

Comment

• We did get the salmon and tartare sauce last night, but instead of the planned vegetables we had potato scallops in beer batter and ratatouille type vegetables (to keep on top of the courgettes.)
                              I had a few possible plans for a meal tonight but my husband has cajoled and sweet talked his way into us having risotto (his new absolute favourite). It's going to be prawn, pea and, would you believe, courgette risotto.
                              It's now officially courgette with everything time of year!

Comment

• Persian-style lamb's liver. Salad and rice and... courgette koftas. Didn't make them yesterday in the end, just fried up a couple of largish ones and put the chicken in on top to reheat. I'm on the winning side today, though. Gave some away and only have one to pick!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X