Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheesy hotdog wraps with a garden salad.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Last night was pork escalope with a creamy sage sauce, new potatoes, carrots and peas. As I used the last of the bread for breadcrumbs for the pork I woke this morning to the gorgeous aroma of fresh bread (I'd remembered to set the timer on the breadmaker before I went to bed). Now it's cooled, more or less I think a bacon sarnie might just be in order for breakfast.

Comment

• Left overs Ragu with homemade pasta and a side salad of own lettuce

fresh fruit salad for pud
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Salmon fillets with salad. Mr Snoop bought some tomatoes. And bread. I mean what is the point of growing tomatoes and baking bread, I ask myself.

He didn't buy biscuits so I'm going to make some. Most of them as a gift but also to console myself.

Comment

• Lentil and spinach curry (with frozen coriander) and chapattis.
            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Late home tonight and then other complications. However steak with pepper sauce, garlic bread and salad (including my own radishes and cucumber - 1st cucumber of the season).

Comment

• Courgette koftas in a spicy red pepper sauce (Meera Sodha's koftas, Madhur Jaffrey's sauce) with rice. Maybe some roasted cauli and broccoli too.

The sauce is delicious, the koftas are just an excuse to make it. Recipe available here:

http://www.theworldinmykitchen.com/2...uce-go-to.html

Comment

• Recipe printed off!….. yummy yum

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                    Recipe printed off!….. yummy yum
                    I made it with chicken a few days back. Went down a treat. Easier to make with chicken than to make the koftas, but a vegetarian day or two won't go amiss and the courgette glut has started...

Comment

• Snoop have you tried these courgette koftas in Tom sauce it’s one of my favourites

https://foodfrom4.com/2010/07/19/spi...te-koftas/amp/

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                        Snoop have you tried these courgette koftas in Tom sauce it’s one of my favourites

https://foodfrom4.com/2010/07/19/spi...te-koftas/amp/
                        They look good. I've been using a Meera Sodha recipe for the koftas, baked in the oven. I might give the Madhur Jaffrey recipe a goo instead, baked as well as I don't deep fry. Too much of a coward and not enough electricity to use an electric deep fat fryer or air fryer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

I made it with chicken a few days back. Went down a treat. Easier to make with chicken than to make the koftas, but a vegetarian day or two won't go amiss and the courgette glut has started...
                          Just bought all the ingredients for this for tomorrow…including chicken thighs!

Comment

• Last night was pasta with a creamy white sauce with smoked bacon, courgettes, mushrooms, peppers and olives in it.

Tonight, presuming I have time, will be chicken Cacciatore with rice.

Comment

• Jacket potatoes, garden salad with meat balls.

Comment

• Try again for the koftas tonight. Ran out of time yesterday and cheated: veggie burgers and stir-fried veg. Veg coarsely grated in the food processor. Next to no time to prepare or to cook. Only one more kohlrabi left.

Also, get a chicken marinading for murgh mussalam. I won't be filling it with boiled eggs. Can't stand the things, or fried eggs or poached eggs or any eggs where the white and yolk are separate.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X