X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to use up some roast chicken
    Northern England.

Comment

• No aubergine anything yesterday, as Mr Snoop fancied omelette and salad. Made my life easier too.
      Lunch: Got some boneless chicken thighs thawed to use up today. Am very tempted to make that Rick Stein chicken and apricot curry. Adapted for the pressure cooker, inevitably...
      Supper: soup of some variety.

Biscuits and bread (didn't make them yesterday).

P.S. Nicos, have you considered a small pressure cooker for in the van? I've got a 2.5 litre one and I bet I use it more days than not. Perfect for meals for two or veg. It's one with a rising valve, as opposed to a weight you plonk on top, meaning there's next to no steam from it during cooking, so good for a small environment, especially one with lots of wood. Plus, because there's virtually no water vapour loss, you don't need much water in the first place. And being small it's not too difficult to handle in a small sink. Really expensive for what it is and I thought it might be a total whim. But it's proved extremely useful.

Comment

• Yesterday I made a fish pie and topped it with caper mash. We had it with carrots and peas.

Today is going to be pork escalope with a sage sauce, roast vegetables and couscous.

I've realised that the quite large bag of apricots that I opened the other day for the curry says use within 7 days so I might use them up in some apricot jam.

Also I believe in a generous moment I promised my sister an Easter pudding (Christmas pudding by another name) which her family would happily eat all year so I ought to make that too.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
          ^^ Dare I ask what nettle and barley soup is like?
          delicious!
          Nettles have a very mild flavour and we made the soup using chicken broth, so basically it’s whatever flavour you add to it! Barley is nicer than spuds as far as I’m concerned as I like the ‘ pop’ when you are eating it....but then it could do with an alternative method of thickening...like cream!!!!

Tonight we are having lamb curry with cauliflower rice with watercress, cucumber in yog and baked bananas as side dishes.
          Stewed pears with yog for pud.
          Last edited by Nicos; 26-03-2021, 04:37 PM.
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Open sandwich last night. Two slices of toasted sourdough topped with steamed kale florets, sun dried toms, broad beans, melted cheddar and a couple of fried duck eggs.
            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Try again: chicken and apricot curry for lunch.
              Supper: soup of some variety.

Comment

• Tuna and egg tumble salad followed by a pomelo
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I have got some chicken pieces defrosted so I think it might be homemade coleslaw, a few chips and chicken goujons maybe with some barbecue type sauce.

Comment

• And cherry and walnut cookies in the new (to me but otherwise very old) oven... Yum, yum.

Comment

• Pork stir fry tonight with assorted veg and udon noodles.
                      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Barnsley chops, with fried mushrooms, butter fried leek, new potatoes, brocolli and sprouts.

And mint sauce,
                        Last edited by Mark Rand; 27-03-2021, 09:02 PM. Reason: fuied->fried!
                        Location:- Rugby, Warwckshire on Limy clay (within sight of the Cement factory)

Comment

• Tonight was a vegan kale and mushroom lasagne, with jelly for dessert (that brought back some childhood memories for sure!)

Comment

• Pasta bake, salad
                            Northern England.

Comment

• Lunch: aubergine parmigiana, at long last.
                              Supper: crackers and nibbles.

Bread.

Comment

• Tagliatelle and bol last night then today liver, onions, mashed potatoes, carrots, kale and peas.
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X