Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Te he....my first Valentines card from OH was only given to me after I’d been sent a dozen red roses from someone else!

OH’s ‘card’ was actually 2 pieces of loo paper folded like a card with a red heart drawn on in biro

sounds a lovely idea gf ..go for it! ( the alternative might be cut out a large paper heart, place it on top of the cake,then sieve icing sugar over the top and remove the paper?)
    Last edited by Nicos; 14-02-2021, 11:09 AM.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• A card made of loo paper after a dozen roses from someone else? He must have been feeling really confident.

Comment

• Lunch: pork and cabbage.
        Supper: veg soup.

Quicker written than cooked!

Comment

• Roasted veg soup with homemade Irish soda bread followed by frittata from yesterday’s left overs.

Orange for pud

Comment

• Well I did make the Victoria sponge yesterday and filled it with blackberry jelly. I decided to use a template and icing sugar for the heart theme. Of course I over complicated it! I used greaseproof paper, cut a heart shape out and then also cut little hearts out of the heart. I sieved icing sugar over (maybe a little too much). As I carefully lifted the template off my hand slipped and it all smudged. Another artistic failure......but it tastes good!
            Today will be yesterday's leftovers. More of the roast chicken and fried up veg with gravy. More cake.

Comment

• All this talk of cake here and on the chatback thread. Now I'm really hungry and it's a long time to lunch...

Lunch: rest of the chicken dopiaza with some spicy veg of some variety; orange for afters.
              Supper: veg soup; yogurt and blueberries.

Pork goulash for the freezer.

Comment

• Pancakes for dinner I guess. I'm thinking banana pancakes or alternatively with the last of the canned apple sauce.

Though confusingly we'd be having doughnuts today in Germany (which are called pancakes/Pfannkuchen in some parts)

Comment

• Interesting Melanie!

In France pancakes are eaten in 2nd Feb for the Fête de la Chandeleur .
                  I was busy dieting then, so I’ll make up for that tonight!!!!!

Comment

• Finally decided what to make

Main course buckwheat pancakes wrapped around a spicy salmon, white bean and sweet corn mix and lightly baked in the oven with a cheesy tomato sauce.

Pud is bog standard pancakes with lemon juice and sugar.

Comment

• Hot dogs on homemade rolls with a green salad and assorted pickles.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Tonight cottage pie (stuffed with lots of veg) with cabbage. No pancakes as I had lemons and limes but no oranges and some people are so faddy.

Comment

• Odd kind of lunch, but I enjoyed it: pork goulash with stir-fried Brussels sprouts with cinnamon and cloves; Greek yogurt and honey for afters.

Supper: veg soup; apple for afters.

Comment

• Today smoked cod baked in milk for my husband, lamb steak with mint sauce and gravy for me, potatoes dauphinoise, carrots and french beans.
                            Last time we had the identical meal I just managed to stop my husband pouring lamb gravy unthinkingly over his smoked cod.
                            Last edited by greenishfing; 17-02-2021, 03:01 PM.

Comment

• Roast chicken, cauli cheese and sweet potato followed by an orange

Comment

• Enchiladas
                                sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X