Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just me for lunch: omelette and salad. Mandarines for pud.
    Supper: grilled chicken breast and steamed veg.

Extras: got a couple of chickens to divide into joints, so chicken stock to use in soup.

Comment

• Tumble salad tonight featuring hardboiled eggs, tinned tuna and chillied anchovies along with the basic salad mix.

Not feeling very adventurous today
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Lots of gammon joint left from yesterday so we'll be having some more with homemade coleslaw, tomato and avocado salad and either jacket potato or, if I am feeling naughty, home made chips.

Comment

• Lunch was a cheese staple again,

Supper will be Lemon sole cooked with butter and capers, with sliced potatoes cooked in chicken stock.
          "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
          - Henry Beard

Comment

• Tumble salad didn't happen last night....we opened a huuuge tin of cassoulet and devoured the lot

Comment

• ^Sometimes, comfort food is the only thing that will do. I just love cassoulet.

Yesterday supper didn't happen for us. Fish in breadcrumbs instead of the chicken and a great pile of veg.

Lunch today: chicken thighs in prunes plus veg; mandarines for afters.
              Supper: veg soup

Chicken stock and mini rondos (still not made either).

Comment

• Standard lunch for me today

Supper will be Spinach and Bacon pasta. a nice quick meal as we have a busy evening.
                "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                - Henry Beard

Comment

• I love cassoulet. I have never seen tins of it in England though.

Tonight is chicken and ham pie (with peppers and mushrooms), mashed potato, carrots, French beans and gravy.

Comment

• All this talk of pasta...

Tonight I am trying a variation on a theme of a cheesy pasta but it’s cooked in milk, and has roasted veg in instead of sausage.
                    Its something to try out in preparation for the camper with limited water and gas!

Comment

• ^^^ well, it was yuk!

Comment

• Chestnut soup We used to live near Objat it seems to be the EU centre for the chestnuts
                        Bearn, Pyrenees Atlantique France

Comment

• Originally posted by stevejelf View Post
                          Chestnut soup We used to live near Objat it seems to be the EU centre for the chestnuts
                          I love chestnut soup. Must have been brilliant in Objat for that. Too hot in summer here for the trees, which is a shame as they're beautiful.

Nicos, I have to say, it didn't sound too convincing. But as an option that is not gas-consumption friendly but delicious, have you ever tried this: https://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...i-5324068.html
                          Sardinian gnocchi are a smallish pasta, not the potato dumplings. It is a lot tastier than it sounds. You could make it with any smallish pasta, even fusilli I reckon. This is one of our pasta options for the weekend (trying not to have too many, but I've got a few fancy shapes to try out with the new toy...).

Ran out of time yesterday, so had a chicken breast fillet with salad for lunch. Going for another go at the chicken with prunes (one extra meal for the freezer too) and veg for lunch today. And supper, inevitably, more soup.

Comment

• The cold miserable weather is making me fancy proper Winter grub so......Lincolnshire sausage, Yorkshire pud, (i.e. toad not in the hole), mashed potato and swede, sprouts and a big jug of thick onion gravy.

Comment

• Those look nice Snoop!
                              I found this rather yummy link whilst looking for a recipe for making gnocchi ...lots of comfort food there too!

https://foodnetwork.co.uk/search/?q=...edium=domestic

I’m quite fancying simple comfort food myself gf....

Tonight we’re having liver and onions with jacket spuds and green beans
                              Clementines for pud.

Comment

• They look good, Nicos. Mr Snoop isn't much of a potato gnocchi fan, doesn't like the texture. Might have a look at the pumpkin ones, though.

Lunch: doro wat (and two more for the freezer) plus cauli mash.
                                Supper: veg soup (Mr Snoop already trying to get out of it, wants to start the weekend tonight, but it's a slippery slope to reducing the on-diet days and extending the off-diet days).

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X