X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post

I DID offer!!!!!

And incase anyone was wondering, the passion fruit and white chocolate mousse was deffo the winner!
    not with me it wouldn't be. Defo the Citron
    ntg
    Never be afraid to try something new.
    Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
    A large group of professionals built the Titanic
    ==================================================

Comment

• ^Me too, lemon anything for pud is a winner with me.

Lunch: Doro wat with mashed cauli, just to see how Mr Snoop takes to it.
      Supper: More soup

Extras: egg custards in pressure cooker (no pastry) for puds over the weekend, preferment for bread and a gin and tonic for a late-night call with friends in UK (well, you do have to mix the G&T and it deserves a mention seeing as I can't remember when I last had one).
      Last edited by Snoop Puss; 29-01-2021, 11:21 AM.

Comment

• I stick extra spices in my cauli rice/mash just to hide some of the slight sourness

Today is Sunday roast!
        Seeing as we managed to get a lovely piece of pork ....with its skin ON!!!!... yummy yum...crackling
        Baked sweet potato, roast parsnips , stewed apple and peas.
        Hopefully I’ll be too full for pud!
        Last edited by Nicos; 29-01-2021, 08:34 AM.
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• MMm. They look delicious Nicos.

Today for lunch... We have pasta, smoked fish and sun-dried tomato salad.

Supper will be Scampi and Chips with a hearty dollop of tartar sauce.
          "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
          - Henry Beard

Comment

• Weird, for some reason I can't quote your post, Nicos. Every time I click on "Quote" on your post, Peteyd's comes up. However, yours deserves a comment too, Peteyd, as I'm very jealous. Life is not fair... pasta and chips on the same day. I can but dream. Maybe I'm just one of those people that isn't supposed to eat carbs.

Back to doro wat. Not sure if you've ever had it, Nicos. It's an Ethiopian dish made with berbere spice blend, described by one friend as "an explosion of flavour". Strongly recommended if you like spicy stuff. Go easy the first time you try it... Also, doro wat is quite a saucy dish (not cheeky, just lots of sauce), so I'm hoping that will help too.

Edited: doro wat and cauli more than acceptable. To be repeated.
            Last edited by Snoop Puss; 29-01-2021, 03:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
              Weird, for some reason I can't quote your post, Nicos. Every time I click on "Quote" on your post, Peteyd's comes up. However, yours deserves a comment too, Peteyd, as I'm very jealous. Life is not fair... pasta and chips on the same day. I can but dream. Maybe I'm just one of those people that isn't supposed to eat carbs.
              Haha, i remember when my Wife was at uni, she had a house mate who would often eat triple potatoes, Jacket, Mash and Roast. that was the whole meal.
              - Henry Beard

Comment

• Brunch: German dumplings with bacon and egg. Odd, but I'm hoping a bit like fried bread or fried potatoes.

Early supper: aubergine parmigiana with rice for Mr Snoop; egg custard for pud.

Extras: walnut bread (known here as the dumpy bread, made with wholemeal barley, rye and wheat, as well as white, doesn't rise very much but tastes great) and cherry and walnut cookies.

(No diet today or tomorrow...)
                Last edited by Snoop Puss; 30-01-2021, 09:32 AM.

Comment

• Left overs from yesterday’s roast pork with crackling ....mmmm....

I also made an apple and rhubarb pie with custard for pud.... no diet here again

Doro wat looks lovely Snoop - I’ve looked it up previously when you’ve mentioned it....will deffo have a go. Glad it goes well with the cauli mash too. Always a bonus !

Comment

• Thursday was prawn curry with naan.
                    Last night was pork escalope, potatoes dauphinoise, carrots and french beans.
                    Tonight will be cottage pie, cabbage and extra gravy.

Comment

• Late lunch today: quail in Middle-Eastern style with figs and honey, maybe some rice and spicy courgette fritters. Prunes for afters.
                      Supper if required: lentil soup.

Maybe some rondo bites. Haven't made them for absolutely ages.

Comment

• Last of the pork with french beans and gnocchi

Comment

• Thanks for the likes, MelanieSW and Nicos, but I should hand them back. Yesterday was a proper disaster. Mr Snoop loves bread and went mad in the bakery section of the shop yesterday and took over the food for the day. Horrendous. Very glad to be back on the diet bandwagon today. Feel a bit poisoned by bread and pastry. So today:

Lunch: spatchcocked quail and salad; mandarines for pud.
                          Soup: mixed veg soup

Comment

• Lunch today - Cheese, ham and olive bread

supper tonight will be a King Prawn and Chilli pasta
                            - Henry Beard

Comment

• Last night was cottage pie with cabbage and gravy.

Tonight will be baked gammon joint, potato scallops in beer batter, carrots, french beans and mustard sauce.

Comment

• Last night was quail, jacket spuds and salad.
                                clementines for pud

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X