Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lunch today was a continuation of yesterdays "use up the last of the Christmas cheese" drive... Wensleydale with apricot & amaretto, Watercress and tomato sandwiches. oh and a big ole hunk of Christmas cake

Supper today will be a wrap filled with spicy beef and loads of veg. all served with some smokey potato wedges.
    "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
    - Henry Beard

Comment

• Mixed things up for lunch a bit today. Cheese, Carrot Apple and raisins, all mixed with yoghurt and curry powder in a wrap.

Supper tonight - Friday night is curry night! and very possibly a few cold, fermented beverages.

Have a nice weekend all!
      - Henry Beard

Comment

• Beef casserole and chopped cabbage
        Oranges for pud
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Well Wednesday's Sweet and sour chicken experiment with rice noodles was a definite success (my husband ate too much). So I will definitely be making it again in the future.
          Last night was pasta bake, garlic bread and salad.
          Tonight another experiment. Pork tenderloin with garlic honey sauce, mashed potatoes, carrots and cabbage.
          .........When I get bored at the moment I seem to spend time looking at recipes on Google.
          Cherry and almond loaves in the oven at the moment.

Comment

• Lunch: soupy pasta dish, mandarines for afters.
            Supper: not sure... Better not be soup seeing as that's what we effectively had for lunch. It's what I had planned but typing it out here suddenly made me realise not a good idea. Will ponder further.

Comment

• Looks like hot soupy/stewy food will be the order of the weekend. Today will be Doro Wat from the freezer with misir wat. Good and hot in both senses. Tomorrow will probably be a rerun of yesterday.

Suppers will be soups. Leek and potato tonight, split pea tomorrow.

Hope to catch you Monday, snow permitting. Enjoy your assorted delights meanwhile. Glad to have you join us on this thread, peteyd, by the way. Good to have extra inspiration.

Comment

• Cauliflower base pizza. Trying a new recipe!

Apricots and nuts for pud

Comment

• Last night's pork tenderloin experiment was a flop. It was tough and horrible. And then to add insult to injury I was up half the night with upset stomach.
                  Tonight will be fish pie ( bland but nice I hope), carrots and french beans.

Comment

• Sympathy like there, GF.

Comment

• Pity about that gf.

My failsafe pork tenderloin recipe is typically french.
                      Gently fry onions in butter on low heat, when cooked and starting to caramelise turn up heat and throw in slices of tenderloin ( the size of slices of garlic bread) and as soon as they are just cooked add in heated stewed apple , a very large dollop - or two or three or more... of thick cream . Add salt and pepper to taste. Yum. We have it regularly !

And now I'm drooling at the thought of that....

Pilchard tumble salad tonight for us
                      Clementines for pud

Comment

• I was going to make an omelette tonight and have it with a big salad and a few chips, but one of the avocados I bought (reduced) yesterday is now perfectly ripe and avocado goes so well with prawns that I think I may change to prawn and hard boiled egg salad (with Rose Marie dressing) and a few chips and maybe a slice of bread and butter (chip butty).
                        Pudding is sorted. I got a surprise bottle of prosecco and some cupcakes and chocolate goodies delivered this morning to munch while we have a skype birthday party for a relative tonight.

Comment

• Lunch: aubergine parmigiana.
                          Supper: split pea soup

Barley bannocks and loaf of bread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                            Lunch: soupy pasta dish, mandarines for afters.
                            Supper: not sure... Better not be soup seeing as that's what we effectively had for lunch. It's what I had planned but typing it out here suddenly made me realise not a good idea. Will ponder further.
                            Funnily enough...

Lunch today is a cauliflower and broccoli soup

Supper tonight will be... Soup again. not sure what type, probably a nice *ehem windy concoction of Cauliflower, Kale and Cabbage... I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow providing i don't get blown away overnight...
                            - Henry Beard

Comment

• Tonight salmon baked with lemon and capers, potato dauphinoise, carrots and cabbage.
                              More of the goodies that I got delivered yesterday as well.

Comment

• Mince and onions with remains of yesterdays dinner,swede,cabbage and mashed potato. I bought lean mince which I thought would be healthier but without the fat content it seems 'stringy'?
                                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X